1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

KotOR - Force Mastery?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Takara, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I've done a bit of looking elsewhere, but cant seem to find an answer to this very basic question.

Force mastery: what does it do?

The manual alludes to being a light or dark side master will give you side related benefits etc etc. However, no where I've looked will actually tell you what those benefits are. So.. can anyone help me out?

[ February 16, 2005, 22:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I read somewhere that if you filled the light/dark side bar either with Light side points or Dark side points you would get benefits (just like stated in the manual)...but i also read that nothing happened with the bar filled.

So maybe it's one of those things that were supposed to be in the game (like upgrading the swoop race bikes) and ended up being left out.

3. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There are some OK faqs at GameFaqs, but they are pretty spotty. KOTOR doesn't have nearly the same quality fan support as the BG series.

Anyway, when you fill your "alignment" bar all the way in one direction, you get a class+alignment specific bonus. LS Guardians get +3 Str, LS Sentinels get +3 Con, and LS Consulars get +3 Cha (in KOTOR2 they get Wis instead). I'm not 100% on the DS bonuses, but I remember thinking they kinda sucked.

4. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

In the PC version of KotOR, you do indeed get the stated bonuses, in addition to a 50% reduction in Force Point cost for similarly-aligned powers, but for the Xbox version, you only get the FP reduction. Maybe someday, years in the future, they'll release a patch via Xbox Live to remedy that grave error. I'm glad they included and/or fixed it in KotOR II.

The Dark Side bonuses, by the way, are as follows...
    Guardian: +1d8 damage per hit
    Sentinel: Immunity to Poison
    Consular: +50 extra FP

5. Takara

Media:
    cool, thanks for salving my curiosity. Currently I'm a dark side master, nd think the bonuses suck more than those suggested for light side. Would be nice to have +3 str. Still, at least it isnt just for show. :)

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, the light-side bonuses are much better, but the dark-side powers still rock ;) I owned everyone with my ds consular using insane-force lightning/death field :evil:

7. Takara

Media:
    Plague is pretty useful. Nice to sap some of their stats without them getting a save in. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.