1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Known issues with spells not memorizing properly?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Crawl, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've run into a very annoying problem. My character is a 2 druid/1 wizard. Everything was playing fine on the Soul Forge server btw. Then, when I went to rest and rememorize spells after having exited the serwers in Davenport after killing several miscreants, thugs, and bats, I encounterd the following problems:

-one or two first level spells are cleared from each class from my spellbook that I had seleced upon resting no matter which spells I had selected. This could possibly relate to bonus spell slots as I have 14 int and 14 wis.

-first level wizard spells are always replaced with 1 mage armor and 1 magic missle no matter which spells were selected or even if no spells were selected at all.

I tried multiple combinations of spell selection, rested without any armor whatsoever, and I didn't have any spell effects on my character at the time I rested. I was resting in a completely neutral area with no hostiles that I had rested in numerous times before hand. If any one has run into any of these problems, or if a solution is known, please help.

System config:

Game Version: 1.24.6736
    Manufacturer: Compaq
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Processor Manufacturer: Intel
    Processor Type: Pentium
    Processor Speed: 1.6 Ghz
    Ram: 512 K
    Video Card Manufacturer: nVidia
    Video Card Type: GeForce2
    Video Card Driver Version: 2.1.8.3
    Sound Card: SoundMAX integrated digital audio

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Never heard of this one before. Try looking on the official forums too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.