1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Knights of Frontier Valley - Coming to Early Access

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Apr 13, 2021.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Adamant Studios has announced that Knights of Frontier Valley will be coming to Steam Early Access at the end of 2021.

[​IMG]

Greetings, venerable Knights of Frontier Valley!

Hi All,

Thanks for checking out this game.

I'm working as fast as I can on a playable Early Access release which will be a sandbox. This means you'll be able to explore the wilderness, enter some of the towns and dungeons, find treasure, beat up monsters, and more.

The world, dungeons, and to a large extend also the towns are procedurally generated, so each new game will be very different.

Everything you can see in the trailer is real game footage and the following things are working today:
    • Creating your character
    • Exploring the entire world map and zoomed-in wilderness maps
    • Entering all dungeons and towns; however, most are still empty, so I'll leave those out of EA
    • Using the inventory (most items that will be in the final game are already there)
    • Some player character status - he can get tired and injured, rest and recover
    • Ambience features including day/night-cycles, weather, and seasons
    • Saving/loading the game
    • Basic combat workflow (no AI yet)
    • The lockpicking mini-game
    • Some Cutscenes
    A lot more will be added for EA, but the following will likely not be included in the first release:
    • A real story and the 10 chapters the final game will be divided into
    • Factions
    • The ability to enter most buildings, dungeons, and towns
    • Most (maybe all) quests
    • Magic
    • A tuned NPC-AI for combat and day-to-day behavior
    • Two more mini-games (jousting and sniping)
    • UI eyecandy
    About the timeline... you probably know this - it will be done when it's done. With the exception of freelancing artists there is only one person working on this game (me), so please bear with me while I'm working on the design, programming, art and music spec/review/integration, testing, code building, social media, the website, campaigns and more. I absolutely love doing all of it but it just takes a bit of time. That said, without being able to make any promises, I'm aiming for something still this year.

It has been an incredible four and a half years coming to the point where it is now. The game is running on its own engine, so everything is done from scratch, plus, this is my first game, so there was a lot to learn too. But it has been tremendous fun, and being able to follow your dream is extremely rewarding.

If you'd like to learn more about the development process, please check out the dev blog on the website. There's also an FAQ page with some more info.

I'd love to hear any feedback and will be happy to answer any questions. You can find me on various social media platforms (see links on the store page, most updates are on Twitter), but I'm not posting all that often because this can get very time-intensive - I'd like to focus on finishing the game.

Cheers,
    Martin

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2021
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.