1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kivan and Coran in BG2?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Duffin, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] In my next run through BG tutu then SoA and ToB I am thinking of taking Coran and / or Kivan. I like to keep a little continuity between the game's. I know there's a BG2 Kivan NPC mod, has anyone here used it and if so what was your experience with it? Secondly I was wondering if there was anyway to include Coran in my BG2 party, I've had a quick look round and can't seem to find any mod which adds Coran to BG2. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I think one of the big conversion mods puts Coran in there. Neverending Journey or Tortured Souls or something like that.

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I've seen Coran as a non-joinable Char, including Safana.

The Kivan NPC mod is very good. I use it in every installation. Often I play with him. He's a lot like in BG. I recommend it strongly.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, it looks like Tortured Souls lets Coran tag along or something. Turns out I was thinking of The Darkest Day, but they don't have Coran included.

Of course, you can always have Coran as a multi-player added NPC using the Coran custom character in the BG1 section of the site. :grin:

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31

I've never tried one of the big mods like Neverending Journey, not sure if I want to change the game too much just to get Coran. Problem with making him in multiplayer is that there won't be any banters. :( Good suggestions though thanks Fel. :thumb: I might try the Kivan mod then, ta Shaitan. Just need to figure out when I'm gonna start, got exams in January and knowing Baldur's Gate I'll end up getting totally addicted. :p

6. Kitana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'd definitely recommend the Kivan mod.

Never seen Coran playable in BG2 anywhere.

7. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've played with Coran in BG2 using Tortured Souls...however, I wouldn't recommend it. First of all, you don't get him until Chapter 6, where you would normally meet him in the unmodded SoA (and he'll be woefully behind your other characters in XP). Second, Tortured Souls is INCREDIBLY buggy. In any case, I don't remember him having much in the way of banters anyhow.

8. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I played the Kivan NPC mod.....to try and see what it would be like, but I seem to be the only one who didn't like it. I love banters, but he has something to say about EVERTHING! and it gets exausting.

9. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Well Kivan is IMHO very good written, and has a lot to say. Bravo for that. However you can choose not to use him or dump him - even kill him. It's up to you

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No idea about the Coran issue.

I've used Kivan and enjoyed doing so. I like NPCs who talk a lot, so Kivan was my kind of guy. Plus the mod gave him a feeling of being a friend that you really have travelled far with. IMO anyway.

11. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Thanks for all the responses, I'm currently in chapter 6 in BG tutu, I've taken Kivan along and decided to leave Coran as I won't be able to take him into SoA. By the looks of it not only will I be able to take Kivan into SoA but the mod is well written which is always a bonus, thanks for the info chaps. :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.