1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's 2nd runthrough.... (spoilers hidden)

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Kitrax, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You haven't been reading...my PC is an Arcane Warrior. My party consists of my PC, Alistair, Leliana, and Wynne.

On my first run-through, Redcliffe was my 1st treaty quest, and I had my PC (warrior), Alistair, Leliana, and Morrigan. I don't think Morrigan had CoC yet...and needless to say, we got massacred. :bad:

---------- Added 17 hours, 32 minutes and 45 seconds later... ----------

The battle went quite smoothly. When the Deadites started attacking from elsewhere, I kept Alistair and Leliana by the mill with ranged weapons, and I sent my PC and Wynne down to the town square. Between Wynne's CoC, and my Mind Blast/Mass Paralyze, the battle went down pretty quickly.

So I need to make a choice:
    Do I let Jowan kill what's her face, or do I run off to the tower to get the Circle to help?
    I chose the 2nd option last time, and I kind of regretted it...I *really* don't like what's her face's voice.

However, I'm looking for the most experience and lowest negative approval from my party.

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You've answered your own question then :p go for the Tower. It's clearly the optimal solution.

3. Kitrax

Media:
    Is it?

If so, then shouldn't I have:
    Killed Jowan because he's a douchebag that deserves to die?

I'm asking because I have a saved game right before the battle, so I could easily re-do it, and do what's in the spoiler tag.

4. Ziad

Media:
    Whether he lives or not doesn't matter if you go the tower route. Besides I never really felt he deserved to die, not unless you consider terminal stupidity to be punishable by execution :) he's by no means evil, he just has the bad habit of constantly making the wrong choice. He does seem to realise this if you let him live, and I read that if you let him go (you can only do this early on. If you wait until you bring the mages you won't have that option anymore) you later get an encounter with him where he's doing good stuff, so he's not entirely hopeless.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Really? How do you let him go early on?

6. Ziad

Media:
    Oh right I forgot, even if you let him out he'll still show up upstairs... that little encounter I mentioned may just be unavailable if you get the mages' help then.

Did some reading and apparently there's two options when you free him, and one is to tell him to just go and not help. In this case he won't appear upstairs and won't offer to help with saving the boy. This leads to the encounter later on.

Oh and apparently that encounter is bugged and cannot be completed, at least on PC. Mmm.

7. Kitrax

Media:
    Then it's a good thing I didn't choose that option. ;)

I found another option that I didn't know was possible. I told them to wait so I could think about it...and while "thinking" I pillaged the castle. I eventually ran in the little brat, and one thing led to another....
    He turns in to the demon, we fight, I kill her...yada yada yada...the annoying b**ch runs in, and I let her kill her own child. Sweet! :evil:

Back in camp Alistair is like, "WTF?!?!" and disapproves by -7, which lead a reload. :p

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The best bet is the mage tower not to receive any negative on an NPC approval. Though if you have Morrigna she may disagree with that course of action.

9. Kitrax

Media:
    Wow...RL has taken me from my game for far too long. :bad:

I got to play for a few hours today...and I think I F'ed up a quest in the Dalish Camp. The wimpy Elf who got rejected by some chick...yeah, it still has an "!" above his head, even though he has nothing left to say to me. :bad:

Anyway. I'm working my way down the forest ruins right now. I turned the difficulty up to 'Nightmare' since I wasn't even using my health potions during "hard" fights. Revenants are hard enemies once again. :thumb:

10. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    How did you respond to him when trying to take his quest? I might have some suggestions for you on that (done that quest a few times and one of them I had the same issue - remember how it happened too). Feel free to send me a PM so we don't take the chance of posting possible spoilers for those who might still be new to the game :)

11. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    The Cammen situation can be handled in many different ways. Some options are really funny in a very nasty way. You can also trick him and his beloved and still complete the quest (with a persuasive character).

12. Kitrax

Media:
    Neither of them will say anything to me except, "....Go away." :doh:

13. CelticDream

Media:
    Then the only thing I can think is that possibly your persuasion wasn't high enough to get anything to work...

14. Caradhras

Media:
    Or you're weren't subtle enough. :shake:

In any case I found some nasty ways to deal with this situation by trial and error. Gheyna is too cute for Cammen anyway. :evil:

15. CelticDream

Media:
    I always felt sorry for Cammen for how unfortunate they made him look. Honestly I didn't think Gheyna was that cute, but then again, I don't look at females that way too often lol.

16. Caradhras

Media:
    I must have a thing for elven chicks... Iona, Nesiara, Lanaya, even Shianni and Gheyna. It's probably the ears. :p

17. Kitrax

Media:
    IIRC, Lanaya is the Dalish #2 in command. I think she's one of the best looking characters in the entire game. And that voice... :love:

18. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Indeed! :)

19. CelticDream

Media:
    Then you'd love my characters because while I enjoy playing humans and dwarves, I'm addicted to playing elves and they're always female lol.

Out of curiosity I found a youtube vid that showed one of the paths you can take with Cammen... one of the 'naughty' choices... and I had to shove my face in a pillow to keep my laughter from being heard throughout the house and waking people up.

The choice where you can 'bed' Cammen to teach him to be more of a man... and then telling Gheyna all about it. Gheyna going all harpy on him and slapping him was pure win, and it didn't hurt that whoever posted it had Zevran in their party, so when Cammen said "I did it for you, Gheyna", Zev's response was "Hmm... I should try that line sometime." (or something similar :lol:)

20. Caradhras

Media:
    Have you made an album? We need some eye candy to substantiate that claim of yours! ;)

I think I did try your spoiler once with my female Dalish elf.

That's one quest that can be "solved" in different ways. It can be romantic, callous, ironic, hilarious or all of the above.

My favourite "evil" way to deal with this situation is to do it with Gheyna and then manage to get them reunited nevertheless. Breaking them apart is not evil enough. :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.