1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Thunderwing, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Anyone else played this gem? Solid from the beginning to the end, truly a superb game!

2. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

To bad theres drama based around and the team had to split up because of it. I have this game plus the 2 dlcs that were released.

3. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not a bad ARPG overall, the graphics may be a turnoff to some though.

4. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I prefered this game over Skyrim. I enjoyed every aspect of the game, the blend of Diablo (items), God of War (fighting system) and the big map to explore as I please. I've decided to make one more playthrough, this time as a pure mage, this should be interesting!

I hear that Epic has snatched a couple of programmers from BHG. I hope we see a sequel to this awesome game or a brand new game, either is fine with me!

5. Topken

The game itself reminds me of both the fable games and the elder scrolls games. But yeah it is a decent game in its own right.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

So what's it like? Is it just another stock-standard fantasy action game (as the cover would have me believe), or is there something different about it?

7. Topken

As I said it is sort of a fusion between Fable and Elder Scrolls basically. Some people say its not that great some people say its good all you can do it play it and see for yourself.

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I got put off by the graphics. Oversized weapons etc. Too "anime" for my taste.

9. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Try the demo first. But this one should be okay if you like Fable and/or Elder Scrolls series. I do not and could not even finish the demo. I would have wanted that item you get for finishing the demo for Mass Effect 3... oh well.

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I tried the demo, for some reason my screen was black. I could hear and I could do stuff. I just couldn't see anything except the mini map.

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

It was in fact a very solid game. Something I had been waiting for. Yet... I couldn't bear myself to finish it. I just came off a Skyrim spree, and for some reason, the game just didn't feel fun, which is odd, because all the elements were there. An interesting story, good graphics, great gameplay,... The world was not really open-ended. Perhaps that's where it went wrong for me. Now I sold it, so I guess I'll have to pass.

But like Erod says, it plays a LOT like Fable, in the sense that you're basically directed to go where they want you to go. Just like Fable, you basically develop some sort of attack plan, and go for it every time until it gets stale. I didn't like Fable that much. Skyrim perhaps has a worse combat system, yet it never got old for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.