1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Sarevok too early (bug)

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by kaucukovnik, Nov 9, 2007.

1. kaucukovnik Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A strange bug appeared in my game. I don't recall any problems in the first battle with Sarevok from my previous BG runs, but this time he doesn't flee when injured. What is worse, he's a bit overpowered now (probably in order not to get killed yet), so he beats my whole party. I did an experiment - I tried summoning Drizzt at him (otherwise than to overcome bugs, I don't cheat). Finally, it took about 15 Drizzts :eek: to get Sarevok down and voila, game ends, final save created, no video or congratulation, I can olny quit the game using Alt+F4.

I have BG1+ToTSC from 4in1 Boxset BG1&2 with no additional patches, only czech language version of dialog.tlk and Easy Core Rules (max.HP at level up, 100% learn spell).

It's nothing critical, I know I have all I want my characters to carry to BG2, I just wanted to share this strange behavior of the game. Sorry if I repeat something known, i really tried to search the forums...

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Can't comment on the problem itself, but to be honest this is some of the most fun I've heard for a long time. It does really seems to fit my hopes for more "freeform" gaming worlds where beeing lucky could land you victory or deafeat at random times dependong on what you do ;)

3. kaucukovnik Gems: 1/31

Yes, you're right! Such situations can enrich the game experience, especially for someone who already knows the plot well.
    Things can more often go such way in games like The Elder Scrolls series (played Daggerfall and Morrowind), but these lack the detail, the "cream and cherry on the top" and and therefore look even more "artificial" than games based on pre-defined events. And if something happens that the game really can't handle, it looks even more silly.

Finally there is a question what's most important. If the plot is the heart of the game, it should be well protected from inventive players and bugs. If the game experience is the core and the plot just supports it, then the player should be allowed to deal with everything as it comes to his or her mind.

If someon comes with a reasonable combination of these, well, THAT's what I call a revolution in CRPG.

4. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

After thinking abit more about this, it reminded me of a situation where someone said he had seen Gorion kill Sarevok in the cut scene after you quit candlekeep. Obviosully he must have maxed out bigtime on all hes spellcasting, and rolled lots of big dices for damage. Apparently Sarevok died with Gorion still standing, then after a few seccond Gorion dies (as per the script) and the game continues.

Love those crazy and silly stuff. just like a buddy back in the army said "Oh yeah, I remember Icewind dale, I killed last boss with a single Chromatic Orb."

5. eddy Gems: 1/31

Yeah it's possible to kill Sarevok in the Palace.
    Usually Sarevok flees but you can glitch the game a bit if you leave and enter the Palace when that mage (I don't recall his name) appears.

All you need are a few good F/Ts with high Stealth and a bit patience.
    Took me about a hour and hundreds of backstabs until he finally went down. (I think he has 999 hit points in the palace)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.