1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Drizzt

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by reijek hidesman, Jul 8, 2001.

1. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I know that you can kill Drizzt the cheesy way, but I was just thinking about the math involved. He's a level 15 ranger with 100% magic resistance (drow). So let's assume a few things. I am guessing that his AC should be at best -7. Mithril chain gives him 1, 19 dex gives him -3, twinkle gives him -5, and let's give him two more points for the hell of it. So if my main character (fighter), khalid, and kivan have thaco's of 3, which they can easily get by the end of the game, they should hit him about half of the time. But when you try to kill him, you only get hits on criticals. If he has 135 hit points, and he has a -7 ac, Kivan and Khalid as archers should be able to dish out about 18 damage per round, and with you running around, or some summoned monsters acting as distractions, you SHOULD be able to take drizzt without totally cheating.

2. Silverblade Guest

First Drizzt has a dexterity of 20, second he has less hit points and third don't kill Drizzt.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

First: What's your alignment.

Second: When using search yuou'll find LOT'S of topics about killing Drizzt.

Of course he can be killed with Monster Summoning and Ranged weapons but it ain't easy, and you have to kill him at low level, when you have a bad Thaco and not very good items for how longer you wait, how stronger Drizzt will be.

4. Shrylia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As a true-blue Paladin with a 20 reputation...i.e. HEROIC it is not possible for me to kill Drizzt - I like my status too much and my group is so happy with itself it is almost nauseating! BUT, AND, Drizzt can be a potential ally and that should not be sacrificed! You know "butt kicking for goodness"...

[This message has been edited by Shrylia (edited July 09, 2001).]

5. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

6 clerics with raise dead should be able to run enough interference for you to kill him with range weapons, oh, and drizzt has 95 hit points

6. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    why kill him? if u want his swords get a thief to pick pocket him

7. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

he never stops moving and is hard to catch not to mention he is worth 12000exp

8. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

***SPOILER***
    Drizzt returns in BG2 and wants his stuff back! Oh, he's NOT alone!

9. Zaylae Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Does Drizzit really get stronger the higher level you are? That sucks.

10. Zaylae Gems: 2/31

I just tried to pickpocket him after he fought the gnolls and it says "target contains no valid items". ?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

would it really matter how many gnolls he killed?? they are worth 35 exp he would have to kill close to a hundred thousand to level up to level 17

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Go read the books about Forgotten Realms. Maybe then you get some more respect for Drizzt, he rocks.

14. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have some up to date information about Drizzt.

He has 92 hitpoints, has somehow AC -8, 5 attacks/round and a THAC0 of -8

He has the Mithril chain mail +4, the scimitar frostband and the twinkle; plus he has boots of speed which gives him +1/2 attack/round.

He has grandmastery in scimitars(+1 attack/round)

Of course he is killable, but why should you do this?

15. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

the reason you do this is because of the exp or at leasts that why i did it at 12000 he is the highest exp in the game i leveled twice when i killed him

16. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31

I guess that my original question has been kind of lost, but once again- seeing how his ac is -8, I think that I should still be able to hit him more often than I do. The only hits I land are criticals, while I should be hitting him about half of the time. I was just wondering if is programmed to defy the normal hit tables.

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Stupid powergamer :(

Kill everybody, just for the XP. Only think about yourself, and how you can get as much XP. Sure just kill everybody. I suppose it's better for you not to play AD&D.....

I suppose you also killed Gorion before Sarevok did and also Imoen... just for the XP? Good reason you got. This is a Roll Playing Game and not Quake 3. When you wanna kill as much people as possible go play that. :(

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited July 12, 2001).]

18. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

First I dont like any of the quakes for that reason, and second i only kill things with high exp, basilisks, ankhegs, drizzt things worth over a thousand, oh and exept those I dont kill anyone without just cause like them having an item or me needing to kill them to complete the game

and another thing u cant kill gorion or imoen in the beggining of the game the lightning bolt kills on impact ive tried it several ways, potions of absorbsion and by being level 20, but you cant kill him by yourself it requires several people

Oh and another thing dont kill drizzt unless you are evil you lose 10 reputation points

[This message has been edited by [sOv]Storm (edited July 12, 2001).]

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

You never do that but you did try killing Imoen en Gorion?

You name Drizzt as par of a list of vile creatures like Ankheg, Basilisks etc. You should really think before you talk. How can you name him, a great good aligned Hero of the Forgotten Realms in one sentence with that kinda creatures?

20. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

shift i didnt list him as vile you did and the only reason he is listed there is because he fits with other high exp creatures and i do respect him, it's just nice top know that i can beat a living legend

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.