1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kickstarter Campaign Over - FINAL TALLY

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Marceror, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    All, the Kickstarter campaign for Project Eternity just wrapped up.

The final tally was:
    73,971 Backers
    $3,986,244 Donated

PayPal is AT LEAST $150,000 additional, with around 3,000 backers. PayPal will stay open for at least a while longer, so the total will go up a bit yet.

Between KS and Paypal, it's at least: $4,136,244!

All stretch goals were met, including the 3.5m "second big, big city" and the 4m goal announced today, to enhance the game end to end (music recorded by a live orchestra, more polish, more weapons, armor, etc).

NICE JOB Obsidian! Nice Job to the fans who sent in their hard earned cash!!

EDIT: Oh, and another thing, Project Eternity is currently the 2nd highest funded project on Kickstarter, even before the PayPal donations are factored in. Not bad!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    Ineth likes this.
  2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Now we just have to wait til 2014 so we can play the game :)

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes Rawgrim, there is that... small, tiny detail. BGEE BG2EE and Inquisitor should help me with that though.

4. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If anyone still wants to grab a tier, it's still possible via the PayPal option.
    Darren (one of the developers) writes: "This is for an extremely limited time however (but you have at least until EOB Wednesday for us, so hurry!)". So I guess that means at least until today, 16:00 Pacific Daylight Time (UTC−7).

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Ahh yes. the EE games. I had forgotten about those, actually. Never even heard of Inquisitor. Is that a party based rpg too?

6. Marceror

Media:
    Rawgrim, it does have a party element to it. It's an old school RPG from the the Czech Republic that was just released in the US a few months ago. It has a lot of great qualities, but lacks polish in certain regards. I have a thread on it here: http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57943

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Thanks. I might get that game and check it out.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2nd or 3rd. The Pebble Watch and the ouya console are higher, but still, pretty impressive.

9. Marceror

Media:
    You're right Harbs. I glossed over the 10m (wow!) total donation for pebble watch as I scanned the top funded projects. Most likely I saw it as 1m.

So yeah, PE is third. Still, an amazing accomplishment, especially for a fairly niche type game. Us old school CRPG lovers truly want to reclaim our glory days! Interestingly, the number of funders is relatively small compared to a lot of other big KS projects, so we had a lot of folks dropping large cash to see this made. I personally hope that my wife doesn't notice how much I donated! It's around 2.5 times more than what I originally had planned to donate. Tsk, tsk.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.