1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Khalid in BG2

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gholam, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Gholam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hi guys, been a while since I posted here.

I was just wondering if there is a mod out there that lets you play with Khalid in the party? I really miss him from bg1.
    Gotta love that stuttering coward. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2008
  2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess it's difficult to bring back someone whose been eviserated.

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Well both Ajantis and AFAIK Dynaeir is being worked on/has been worked on as mods. I don't know if the Dynaheir project is still active.

4. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No current projects for Khalid that I have heard of (even on the horizon...).

Tough one to write for, too.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nonsense. That's what the Reload button is for. :p

6. Gholam Gems: 5/31

Hehe, so true.

Well, what can you do? I guess I just have to play some BG1 then :)

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Use his soundset and his portrait for your PC and romance Jaheira. That would be so weird. You can even name Charname Khalid...

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    But you can't speak your banters in stutterese...

9. Caradhras

Media:
    You can always pretend. What about that little thing called willing suspension of disbelief?

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Or you could read all the banters aloud and stutter the one's your PC says! :banana:

11. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Or load up the latest BG1NPC Project and play a full run on EasyTutu or BGT, trying Khalid and Jaheira with all the new banters (I'd suggest a remixed combo, with the other two slots swapping out for NPCs to see what banters pop up. Khaild is not the biggest speaker in project, but there are a bunch there.) :) [this doesn't count as "selling", 'cause I didn't write any of the stories].

The troubles with building a real Khalid NPC are not the starting continuity thing (you cast ressurection, or script Jaheira to do it, and *voila* - continuity explained - everything isd wicked cool). The real troubles are
    a. figuring out and successfully derailing all of the other materials (especially Jaheira's romance) that assume his permanent death,
    b. rewiting Jaheira's character so she could accept his resurrection
    c. writing fun banters and interjections that don't go stale b- b- be c- c- ause h- h- e st- t- t- uters [if you do it realistically, it sounds like you are picking on folks who have this challenge in your lives; if you back off on it it becomes lame because it doesn't make internal sense).

The last one can use the speech therapy idea written into Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Imortality series, where the stuttering romantic lead of one book sings his speech and while singing is able to avoid stuttering. But then you have removed something that makes Khalid's character work and have uniqueness.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hey, I stutter. Sometimes. I don't mind if you make fun of it. :holy:

13. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Just play without Jaheira in the party. She's the annoying one anyway (in BG1). ;)

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And Mel Tillis could do the voice acting! :D

15. Gholam Gems: 5/31

I fired up BG1 with TotSC and tutu. Going Khalid, Jaheira, PC(F/T), Edwin so far. I'm in Nashkel mines right now, done the Gnoll Stronghold I'm lvl 2. Gunna be awesome. :)

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Not entirely on topic but I was reminded of one gamer who really hated Jaheira in BG1, but also wanted to keep Khalid in the party. Problem: If he kicked Jaheira, Khalid would of course leave also. He had sent Jaheira alone into combat without any armor to get her killed. He was NOT very happy to discover that Jaheira was one of his starting companions in BG2-SoA, and that the developers had killed off Khalid to boot. :grin:

17. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Heh heh I bet. At least she is less annoying in BG2 and actually has some great quests associated with her. In terms of quests she is the best value NPC, easily!
    I never take them in BG though, there are much better NPCs out there.

18. Caradhras

Media:
    It would be interesting for a change to have a mod that replaces Jaheira with Khalid (storyline stays the same). Minus the romance of course.

19. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Well, there could be a romance for a female PC...but then I never could buy that Jaheira would get over Khalid so quickly and move over to [charname] - all seems a bit callous!

20. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Why not keep the romance?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.