1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keyboard mapping problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by raptor, Sep 4, 2006.

1. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Background: Okie, Back when i started playing Baldurs Gate 1 first time i spendta bit of time and set up my own keyboard settings. And played for half a year with that setup. Later i used same setup in icewind dale a few months before BG2 even came out.

And then when i installed BG2 and palyed i noticed that a couple of buttons was imposible to remap. I found no way to change it, and emailed BioWare support about it and was ansvered it was not posible to remap the key. So in the end i found a program that let me remap the button i Windows... Quite a silly workaround, but i simply cant play without my setup anylonger, I have grown to used to it (used it in all Infinity games there is).

Problem is that this program only worked on Windows 98 and earlier. now that i have windows 2K on the only puter that can run this game i have to come up with a new solution.

Question: Does anyone know how to actually remap the button for selecting all members of the party in Baldurs Gate 2 ?, or know of some way to remap buttons in windows 2000 ?, or some way to fool the game to think that one button is another button ?

The game is quite simply unplayable for me without the keyboard setup, its simply to much frustration compared to any fun i get back. (If anyone of you play FPS games, try to play a FPS without a mouse and you will get a rought picture of how anoying this is for me).

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Click on the lantern button next to the AI button under all the portraits. Unless you play with no mouse.

3. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The AI button is the lantern (left), but there still is a "select all button".

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Which is why I said the one "next to the AI button". :rolleyes: Geesh.

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Actually kuemper, you said:
    As the lantern button and the AI button are the same thing, what you said made very little sense. There was nothing wrong with Stardust's clarification.

6. raptor Gems: 16/31

Thanks, i know of the button to select all. Problem is still that i have played this game for the last 5 years using the "R" button for select all, so i will still click R out of old habbit and then continue to relay tasks a seccond or two before noticing i stil havent selected all party members. It just anoys me so much it makes the game unplayable, i need to have the select all party members on the R button.

The "select all party memebers" is by default mapped to "+" on my keyboard (one right for the "0" etc) i could have used that, but im just not used to it.

Even Icewind Dale 1 had no way to remapping the select all memebers in the config, and no line for it in keymap.ini but you could copy paste the line from bg1 keymap.ini and it worked in iwd1. I just dont understand why BG2 is the ONLY Infinity game that can not map this function.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

So, what do you call the button next to the AI button? Looks like a lantern to me...
    Probably because there is a button that does it already.

8. raptor Gems: 16/31

Yes, the same button used in all the other Infinity games released. And no it still doesnt help me much by beeing on the entirely other side of the keyboard.

Yeah, i guess i will just play something else again.

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Kuemper, the lantern button is the AI button. Next to it there's the "select all"-button.

Anyways, you can change all the keys in the "Configure" IIRC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.