1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kerry vs. Bush : The grades

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Jack Funk, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Damn! Kerry sure was one ugly mofo as a college student!

3. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wow Jack, that's incredible! I wonder how this amazing new discovery will affect the election come November!

4. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

From the article you link to:

It goes on to mention a well-known historian who taught both Kerry and Bush, "vividly" remembering Kerry, and having no recollection of Bush.

I think the current conservative hyper-focus on Kerry's grades is a smokescreen to cover the fact that they found absolutely nothing in Kerry's released and unedited war records to corroborate any of the Swift Boat bull****.

5. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    D also stands for Diploma. :)

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

To be fair, its not how you start out, but what you become. They might have been on equal terms during college, but I am sure that Kerry was the one that progressed.

Aldeth was correct - to me he looks like an uglier version of Oscar Wilde.

7. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Lets see, Kerry is a Senator from the relatively small state of Massachusetts, and Bush has been Governor of a state that has an economy that eclipses most nations, and is a 2 term President. Seems to me that Bush has held 2 positions that far exceed Kerry's political achievements.

Who has progressed? ;)

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Good point Darkwolf, but Kerry is fluent in at least one other language (French), and I read that Bush mangles his Spanish (on purpose according to some sources).

Dispite not having a good plan for his presidential campaign, Kerry was more liked by most of the world.

I would have better said they progressed on different ways, or said nothing at all :)

9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I admit, I was stunned to see the Globe publish that article. Normaly, they are so Pro-Kerry that the pretend he won the election.

10. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Proof that money can buy almost anything.

11. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31

Veteran

I think that Soros and Teresa Heinze Kerry, oops, sorry, I almost forgot that once the election was over she went back to being just Teresa Hinze, would disagree.

12. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I dunno, Darkwolf. If Bush II hadn't had not had
    A) a rich father
    B) a presidential father
    C) name recognition

d'ya think he ever would've become president? Or even been nominated? Riding daddy's coat tails isn't all that impressive.

13. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

C'mon, GWB got where he is today because we live in a 'meritocracy.' :rolleyes:

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

[​IMG] the word is 'catastrophe', not 'meritocracy'
    ;)

Anyway, Napoleon instituted a meritocracy, and we all know how that ended up.

Is it just me, or did Bush look like a kinda unibrow wolfman creature?

15. Chandos the Red

Media:
    :lol:

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

And if Kerry had won, it would have been because of the "genius" of the American people? Come on, both sides of the political equation POURED money into the campaign, and Bush won it fair and square, with a sizeable portion of the country behind him (but not an overwhelming one, I admit) but to say that Bush bought the election or rode Daddy's coattails is just sour grapes.

That said, facts are facts. Bush became President. Kerry never will. Say what you like, but in terms of political office,Bush "progressed" far further than Kerry ever will.

17. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Yes, but "political office" was not the point regarding "progression." I took it to mean in terms of which one was more esteemed intellectually.

18. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Well, I guess, but when your choices are tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, I am not sure the word esteemed is appropriate, even if it is qualified with a "more" before it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.