1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kensai/Mage...?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ObLiViOn, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Mr. Fluffy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Kensia/Mages are awesome! I took my Kensia up to level 13 (fighters get an extra attack at level 13 (I think)), and then dualled to Mage. He has 5 stars in Katanas and 3 in dual Wielding. When I took on Firkrag, I cast Stoneskin, Mirror Image, and Improved Haste. I was attacking 9 times per round! Firkrag fell very quickly before my onslaught. The only problems with Kensia/Mages are that they tend to be a little too much overkill. If you can take down a dragon with no problem at all, everything else gets a little tedious. But man, they are death machinges.

2. Lithorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Where do you get Dakkon's Zerth Blade? I have always used celestrial fury and blackrazor.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is a bit hard to use the blackrazor for any useful amount of time in SoA. I once cheated it in at the start of the game so I would be able to use it, uberpowerful weapon, best game in the entire game.
    Why dont you try a kensai/mage multiclass? Real fun class to play, only drawback is no mastery and maybe slighly lower mage class spells. But a truly awesome char! Real bad ass fighter.

4. Israfel Gems: 4/31

Well, first because you cannot create a multiclass using a kit, because kits presume that you are very concentrated on your profession (of course you could always cheat).
    But even if I could, I don't think it would be worth it: a 12th level fighter's thac0 is generally enough for most fights, and for the really tough ones there are plenty of increasing spells. You see, my kensai/mage has about 4 millions XP by now, and when he wants to kick ass really might, he simply casts Time Stop-Black Blade of Disaster-Protection from Magical Weapons-Tenser's Trasformation (total=sturm und drang ;).I don't think a multiclassed PC would be so powerful.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dakkon's Zerth Blade is something I've never found in my game too.
    I guess it is a part of a mod, of ToB, or ToB patch perhaps? But it is definetly not available as a legit item to get in my SoA installation. Or I've been deceived by Bioware?
    Anyway, it does exist as an item in SoA files, but there is no quest, no container, no creature nor anything but a cheat to get it in my game.
    Considering it is only +2 weapon, I think I'll keep Cel. Fury +3 and not bring down my reputation with cheating for such lame item.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 04, 2002).]

6. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The Bonus Merchant cds... Thats where you can get the Dak'kon's Zerth Blade from. Deidre is her name I think, not sure. She's standing a platform higher than Ribald.

[This message has been edited by Desu (edited April 04, 2002).]

7. Israfel Gems: 4/31

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade is a Torment item from the Collector's Edition shop. You can get it by downloading the latest ToB official patch (if you have it) or on Sorcerer's Place; then you go to the Adventurer's Mart and speak to Deirdre to buy some of the most expensive items in the game.

As for its powers, they are nice at the beginning: a +2 Katana (one-handed weapon equal to a Two-handed sword, only faster) which gives you one additional spell for levels 1-2-3-4, and 1 AC bonus. Keep it in your off hand to avoid forgetting spells and you get a nice advantage. If you have ToB, [deleted - You are to assume they don't have ToB in this forum - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 06, 2002).]

8. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

There is also an IAP file somewhere on the net, which upgrades the Dak'kon's Zerth Blade to a more potent weapon. When you increase in levels, ie. from 5 to 10, then from 10 to 15 and so on, the sword is upgraded as well.
    It stops as a +4 or +5 Katana, I dont remember exactly, but with a bunch of special abilities :/

Too powerful for my liking :(

9. viva_el_tejo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

No one has tried to make a kensai/mage with ponti in two handed weapon? you will even have better thac0, and combined with inproved haste, tenser transformation, a good two handed shord of halberd, and THE STAFF you are a extreme fighter with thaco under -10 and extreme wizard that became invisible at any time

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.