1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kelsey and Kivan Mods

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by elric13, May 18, 2007.

1. elric13 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Hi,
    Is it possible to install these mods once you have already stared the game? I guess this question applies for other NPCs as well: which ca u add without having to start a new game?
    FYI, I have IA4 and TOD, and I am at chapter 2: trying to take an "odd road" doing the city quests before going on the oustside. Did the circus, the Maevar guild quests, and started the Slavers' (btw, man is it hard with the IA!!!)

thanks

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    NPCs tend to be ok for not starting a new game. Kelsey should be fine, I assume Kivan would work as well, though I am not certain.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

My friend has installed Kelsey (SoA) in the middle of a game and it worked without problems.

I never used Kivan mod so I can't comment on that.

It is nice to know that more people play Sikret's wonderful IA mod. But, Sikret keeps telling that IA should be installed after every other mods, so you may want to keep that in mind.

Cheers.

4. elric13 Gems: 3/31

Thanks I'll try my luck installing them. I think this shouldn't be a problem with IA because the NPC mods don't influence the AI?

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Yes I guess so too, some cosmetic mods and NPC mods may work without problems if installed after IA. But you can never be sure, it's Sikret's word, and he knows his mod better than everyone afterall!

Uninstalling IA first, installing NPC mods and then re-installing IA again may be a solution or it may cause more problems since you already have a save in the middle of the game. Ask Sikret if you are so inclined.

6. elric13 Gems: 3/31

So Kelsey installed fine, however not sure if Kivan is well installed... where do you find him??

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

For me, Kivan finds me at the Promenade, just after Imoen is "arrested". He approaches me when I'm near the back of the circus tent.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Then I'd say elric's going to need to start a new game to get Kivan. Because if he's already been to the Promenade before he installed the mod, it won't change the area, so Kivan won't appear.

Of course, you could always work around it with a console cheat (if you can find the proper one for the mod), but if you've been to any other areas that the mod also changes...well, I know I wouldn't want to have to deal with that every time when I could just restart instead. I don't think it'd be as simple next time as just a spawn command, either.

9. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Mod NPC spawns are basically always scripted in, which means they should appear even if you've visited an area already.

10. elric13 Gems: 3/31

since i really don't feel like starting a new game i guess i just have to play w/o kivan...
    tks

11. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

I just said it should work.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Aye, listen to him; he's the modder. Well, experienced modder rather than amateur, but that's still a big difference.

13. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

When he comes back now and tells me it completely ****ed the game, I'm going to be very embarassed. :)

14. elric13 Gems: 3/31

ok, so here's an update:
    I've installed the kelsey mod, and went back to the promenade. Although the mod is installed correctly, he is still nowhere to be found!
    anyway of solving that - perhaps he hides somewhere I haven't yet looked?

thanks

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No wonder you haven't found him in the Promenade- Kelsey is found in the government district, next to Keldorn's home.

It's Kivan that appears in the Promenade. ;)

16. elric13 Gems: 3/31

uh yeah tks ;) i meant kivan of course. kelsey works fine. it's kivan i've installed and can't find

17. Luiz Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

So easy to get confused. Y'know, there really needs to be a moratorium on NPCs beginning with the letter 'K'. Korgan, Keldorn, Kelsey, Keto, Kivan, Kari, Kindrek, Kitanya, Kido... :p

On a more helpful note, go to the Promenade and try these two console commands:
    SetGlobal("P#KIVANExists","Global",1)
    CreateCreature("P#KIVAN")

That might work.

Cheers,
    Luiz.

18. elric13 Gems: 3/31

sorry to sound like such an inexperienced mod user -which I am ;) - but what are console commands?

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    First you need to activate the console. You need to open your baldur.ini file and add the line 'Debug Mode=1'. This also allows cheats btw.

You then go into your game and press both Ctr and Space at the same time. This opens the console. Type in 'CLUAConsole:' and then whatever code you are changing. Don't leave any spaces. For example:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("P#KIVANExists","Global",1)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.