1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keldorn's Wife

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Misantrophe, May 28, 2005.

1. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

2. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Chickavalier
    If you were talking to me, then it won't. I obviously don't have a save before starting the quest...

3. Ellester Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don’t but look for something that says Keldorn in shadowkeeper. You might be able to figure it out. With a variable like this it’s usually just set the number from 2 to 1 to reset, and go talk to her again.

Also it has no long term effects as to what choice you have with Keldorn. He’ll stay wth your party either way, unless you ask him to stay at home. I wouldn’t worry about it and just go through with the Jail. That’s really what Keldorn should be doing (as a Paladin), upholding the law, even though it’s his wife.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No wonder I read such negative comments about playing paladins -- so many seem to think paladins are ruthless enforcers of the law. If you enjoy playing that way then go for it, but the paladin would become fallen very quickly in a REASONABLE pnp game.

Paladins are Dudley-Do-Right's who live eat and breath good deeds (not lawful deeds). Revenge (the throw her ass in jail scenario) is NOT a good deed. Depending on the diety, such an act could even cause a paladin to fall (forgiveness is a virtue after all). Justice is to be tempered by compassion for the paladin. Blind following of the law is Lawful Evil or Lawful Neutral.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Well said T2Bruno. My LN Fighter/Cleric did advise Keldorn to jail his wife: whether it's an evil act depends on the true motives. Simply choosing to follow the law is (surprise) just LN; if you intended to act out of revenge, using the law as your chosen tool, that'd be a classic LE maneuvre. I think the imprisonment of Maria can be roleplayed either way.

6. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

@ Kitrax
    yeah, actually in my first run of this game, in copper coronet i insulted Korgan about being short etc. and he attacked me. i killed him and there was no XP. and i didnt get to learn about his quest till i played for the second time. at least i should have gotten some XP for killing him

7. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Much agreed T2Bruno. For those on the opposite swing set in this regard keep in mind that Keldorn is supposed to be aged and wizened to the ways of the world. While young paladins (such as Ajantis in BG1) see good and evil as black and white, no middle ground, Keldorn as adventured enough, lived through enough to realize that the world does indeed have a shade of gray. He has to account for his daughters as well. If he's off helping you and their mother is in prison then he is not being very Keldorn. His options should really be to stay with his family and raise his children, or to let Lord Fancypants take up the mantle that he knows he cannot.

8. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31

@Ellester
    Yeah, I loaded anohter game, saved before talking to Keldron's wife and then after doing it... Then I compared global variables... still, to no effect. When I step into Keldorn's house after editing he doesn't start his dialogue...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.