1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keep Items on Import?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by lt_peanut_girl, Nov 19, 2006.

1. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Has anyone used the keep items on import for BG2 mod ? I wonderd what the prolem risk was, if it was known to cause bugs or any weird things. I have pondered trying it out once.

[ November 19, 2006, 21:22: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There's an easier way to do it, rather than using a mod. Puase the game immediately the loading screen disappears on a new game. You must have managed to pause the game before the inital cutscene. If you've done it, pressing H will reveal the character bars on either side of the screen. You can then go into the inventory of your imported PC and drop everything on the floor, wait until the cutscene is over, then pick it all up again.

3. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

OTG is right. It works like a charm! :)

Should you choose not to use either options however, you will find a few of your original items in Irenicus Dungeon. But you probably already knew that.

[ November 19, 2006, 22:10: Message edited by: Ironhawk Skylord ]

4. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31

actully I have not found any of the original items at all other then the pantallons....

5. Ironhawk Skylord

Well if you imported, you will find the Golden Pantaloons.

The Helm of Balduran will show up also, but I think it does that whether you imported or not.

Some people says there's a couple of other items showing up too, but I never experienced that.

6. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

The helm of Balduran is always there, the only thing that depends on wether you imported or not is the pantaloons.

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Then there's Brages cursed +3 berserking sword, The Cloak of Non-Detection, Flametongue, Short Sword of Backstabbing, Drizzt's stuff (if you kill him), Crossbow of Speed, Crossbow of Accuracy, Shadow Armor, Arla's Dragonbane (IIRC, anyways a +3 sling), Gauntlets of Ogre Power and then some.

Basically you can't avoid getting a lot of the items from BG along your way, especially if you do the sidequests.

8. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yeah most items are present somewhere in BG2. I like to think Jon sold most of your stuff... I think only a few items are missing among them Algernons Cloak. But I'm not sure if other more famous items are missing. There's a mod wich gives you many greater things in Irenicus' Dungeon, but this is making BG2 too easy...

9. Ironhawk Skylord

Cloak of Balduran and some of the items from TotSC doesn't show up.

But yeah if you do sidequests a lot of the items will show their face again. But then of course you probably already have better items :)

IIRC one of the initial party of Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen and Yochimo mentions that Irenicus must have sold your items. Or am I wrong?

10. Shaitan

Think it's Imoen at your liberation speech

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yep, 'twas Imoen saying that she thinks your best gear was sold.

12. Ironhawk Skylord

Ah that's right. Thanks.

13. lt_peanut_girl Gems: 2/31

I was refering more to the fact that I never saw items from bg in the dungeon other then the golden pantaloons. I thought that they were saying there was....the helm is there rather you import or not.

I am currently playing a game to see how the keep items mod runs just for curiousity sakes. So far I have noticed that two items are not in the Dungeon...The chain mail of the dead and the helm of balduran both seem to be missing now that the mod is in....has anyone who used the mod ran into this ? Seem alot of people dont use it, but maybe somone out there has ! I know its the mod. I ran through pre KII and then post KII and the items where there pre just not post. I am going to play with it and see if others are missing too or just those.

14. Ironhawk Skylord

I am sorry I can't help you there, but I never use mods.

But I am certain there must be others on this site who have experience with that mod.

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yes, you've already identified the problem. The Keep All Items component simply disables the thing that steals your items. But it also unintentionally hamstrings the script that should be placing the items according to what you had. Without the input from the thing that steals your items, there's no output related to what you had, and no items are placed. I tried it out the first time through and had to reinstall to remove the damage. :grr:

16. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Are you sure you haven't installed Dungeon Be Gone? That removes those items from the dungeon as you get given them by the bard guy :)

17. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

They are removed? I'm almost certain that the bard has duplicates of them? Meaning, you can trudge through the entire dungeon, pick up everything, then head back to mr. bard, transport outside, and recieve everything _again_

I'm mean to recall clearing the first level just for "old times sake" then deciding; Nope, not worth the effort after all, and stilll recieve the +1 bastard sword among all the other things. (That's the only thing I definately remember you find on level 1 of jonboys dungeon. Yes, it's been THAT long since I cleared it. :rolleyes: )

18. Shaitan

Yeah, that's what I thought also. There some things you mis by using DBG still. I used to use DBG, but now I just make my way the oldfashioned way by the sword...

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    You do recieve duplicates from St Jasper. I recently came out of CI with two Helms of Balduran byt accident.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.