1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Katanas ARE in!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] QUOTE:

Q: <rjs3> Will the Weapons and Armour be limited to the ones in the player's handbook, or will we have access to exotic weapons such as katanas?

<Bio_Luke> The number of weapons is quite extensive, including many exotic variants. 3rd edition lists many of them in the new PHB, as they have included them in the new exotic weapons proficiency. We've katana, nunchaku, kama, and a number of others from lands far away.

END QUOTE

Happy now? :D

2. Snorri Guest

[​IMG] Whey hey, Exotics, does that mean the Dwarven Axe is in?.
    And Groovy, my monk makes use of the Nunchaku, was there any mention of the Tonfa?
    There a baton like weapon.

Now me happy :)

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well I hope they don't mess with my Bastard Sword and give its d10 damage to the Katana. I won't re-settle for 2d4 again:mad:. Not after I settled for no Katanas for Xalen in the first place:D

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] You think that they'll have dragon hide armor???

5. Snorri Guest

[​IMG] Dragon hide armour?, ok are you going to slay the Dragon for the material and have it crafted by a mage and worked by a smith?.
    Its also quite exspensive i hear, lol

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, for an apropriately high level character, it might not be out of the question. Heh, it's not like he was wanting it for his first level Barbarian:p

7. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually, there is nothing to indicate that you need a mage to make dragon hide armor in 3e. Of course, you certainly *can* have a mage involved. I know I certainly would. However, you can essentially get any good armorer to make armor from dragonhide. Its just provides a material bonus equivalent to 'masterwork' armor.

Getting the hide in the first place is the hard part. :)

Aloha
    Vormaerin

8. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Without actually admitting it, the BioBoffins have dropped some broad hints that there will be a Dragon in NWN (they know how we love 'em!)
    As for the second part, if they don't include turning it into armour that kind of thing should be straight forward for a DM to script. And he/she can decide whether or not its useable by druids/rangers etc.

9. Snorri Guest

[​IMG] Well i suppose a mage is not needed, just a Dwarven Smith, these manling smiths make poor quality weapons :)

10. Linael Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If we are talking in + out, where's the Chimaera armour for my mage, like that one from pool of radiance?

EDIT: Stupid question, it would be a quest that I had to undertake or something. Dang. I must say, 3e seems to be extremely pliable.

[This message has been edited by Linael (edited November 13, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.