1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kangaxx

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by cmarface, May 2, 2003.

1. cmarface Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

How is it possible to beat this thing? Every time i gat him to 'badly injured' he has taken 4/6 of my companions? What spells, if any, can protect against imprisonment?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

ways to kill him
    1. spell immunity - abjuration(only protect the caster)
    2. three(or two) ring of ram
    3. Korgan enrage, Minsc berserk
    4. buy protection from magic in adventure's mart and use it
    5. I think Nishuru etc are inmmune to magic, use that and hit with melf's minute meteo, but I'm not sure with this.
    6. become slayer
    7. assasin poison then hide. not sure with this.
    And I think you should prepare to be bashed for asking this question. It's kind of forbidden. Although I don't think so.

[ May 02, 2003, 06:40: Message edited by: 14 ]

3. cmarface Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

well, kangaxx just casts imprisonment so it just nails my party before i can do anything, but ill try your solutions, cheers man!

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] A little off the subject, but why would it be forbbiden to ask that? (and its good to see another kiwi on this web site. i assume when u say Auckland you mean Auckland New Zealand :thumb: )

5. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

When you say Kangaxx you mean the lich(first form) or the demi-lich(a floating skull)?

I killed the lich quite easilly with level 12 characters(my character(paladin), Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Jan Jansen and Anomen) but the demi-lich... It's imposible to beat it with low-level characters, unless you cheat. It can cast 10 imprisonment per round(just kidding).

6. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yes, I'm a kiwi.
    The demi-lich is actually easier. Because there's no stradegy involved. There's only a few ways to do it. And they are quite simple and dull ways. You can do it at any level. But at low level it's hard to kill a lich.
    Also know that Kangaxx is immune to spell 1-9(except minute meteo)and he has 50 hitpoints.
    Certain questions like Kangaxx and Drizzt or dragons have been discussed over and over. So 'some' people don't like it's asked again. You can use 'search' function to find everything. They should really make some sticky posts on these.
    There was a famous guy called dragon who ask some obvious questions and got bashed real hard. Which I thought was unfair.
    In any case, I don't see there's a reason to be hash on a forumn, but you have to be prepared sometimes.

[ May 02, 2003, 14:22: Message edited by: 14 ]

7. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Not everyone on here barks at people just because they've just picked up the game. :good: It may not be a new question, but I remember when we were ALL asking it.

One thing you do need to know which wasn't mentioned above: Only +4 weapons hit him..... Not many of those around at low levels. Though Ribbald sells a staff iirc.

If all else fails you, use search. Last time this topic was up we loaded about 10 sure fire ways up which will not fail you.

8. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just buy a protection from undead and kill him at your leisure (he wont touch you)

If you wanna kill him fast trap the area where he appears, you should get him down to near death, and if you're really lucky you cna kill him with it.

Afterwards just beat the crap out of the ugly floating skeleton(demilich) since he still wont touch you.

I have fought kobolds who were tougher than Kangaxx :D

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Does a protection from Undead stop him from Imprisoning you? I always use at least one (and sometimes 2) protection from Magic scrolls. None of his spell attacks (in particular Imprisonment -- I hate that spell!) works on that, and you can kill him fairly easily (it takes a long time, though!)

10. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Protection from Undead makes undead ignore you, as if you are invisible. But that could be bad in the case of Kangaxx, because at some point he'll have to talk to you again, and he can't because of it..
    I just cast a Protection from Magic scroll on my PC(a cleric/mage), then just pummeled him with the cuthbert's mace(it's+5, from the shadow dragon, in the game only if you have installed Freedom's Reign). Or, you could use the mace of disruption.

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Both Minsc's and Korgan's berserk ability make them immune to imprisonment, so that could help you. The same applies to a berserker PC.

Spell:Immunity Abjuration makes you immune to imprisionment. A protection from magic scroll should have the same effect.

The Slayer is also immune to imprisionment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.