1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just my thoughts on Torment

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Lazy Bonzo, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I played through torment twice and loved it. But i thought i was lacking a lot of the 'secret special quests' which i learned from reading posts on this forum were actually left out of the final game.

This second paragraph is from reading a post in this forum that i can't quite remmber the address of.

I also know from reading the afforementioned (posh word) post there will be know torment 2. but they could release all the stuff that was left out in patch format.
    Although there won't be a torment 2 thats not the same as saying this will be the only planescape game. I read in one of the posts someones idea for a sequel/prequel with the other npcs in it (anna, dakkon, nordom etc) but not as people who would join your group.
    This could be used in a 2nd planescape game so that perhaps you could find out wat happened to them after the fortress of regrets. Perhaps in a 2nd planescape game you could have the more detailed character creation from bg1+2 after all the rules are already laid out for different races in the pen and paper version of planescape.

Please reply with your views on this.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited July 31, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 27, 2001).]

2. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Man that would ROCK! PT was already near perfect. If added the best details from the other games...what a game it could become!
    And all those races...GAWD it would rock to play as a modron, githyanki, githzerai or even a fiend!
    By the way...check out our story here on the board. It deals with what happened after the game ended. If you are a true PT maniac then please help us write it.

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I've already read the story and it's great. Thanks for your view divine shadow. Yep your right playing as a modron would be great and perhaps all little kid modrons could mention nordom and say " ooo i hope i will grow up to be like the great modron hero nordom the mentally deranged! "

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 05, 2001).]

4. Beto Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Like the story idea also, added a chapter.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I remembered the post that gave me the idea for this post about a 2nd non torment planescape game. It's at http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000066.html
    Ironically it's one of yours divine shadow that made me think of it. The bit about seeing pc's [dakkon, morte] from torment as npc's in a planescape universe game like elminster and drizz't were in the bg games.

6. SparkTheGreat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Torment is REeeeely fun...

A Torment 2 could be made on the big war thing that u see in the end movie which looks fun..

Thats my thort

Spark

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Spark you should read the story that has the namless one/named one in that "big war you see at the end" aka the Blood War.

8. Ipsian Gems: 1/31

sorry about adding to an old topic - hope i'm not guilty of one of the unforgivable crimes ;)

would there really be much point in a torment 2? (sequel not prequel)

after playing torment through i had a warm glow-y feeling, much satisfaction and utter contentment- another game would ruin that for me. am i alone in this?

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Ipsian i disagree and think you are alone they would be point in torment 2 for the same resaon as there was a bg2. Becasue there are unanswered questions. And questions need answers :D :D :D

10. Ipsian Gems: 1/31

But Mr.Bonzo, there was definatly a plot to carry on with in BG2.

In torment, the questions to be answered recide (erm bad spellin there) before the game started. We know he goes to fight in the Blood War, and we know hes mortal. Kinda self expanitory :p

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Mr.Ipsian are you saying that someone who fought and worked and learned some neat tricks to get to the fortress of regrets would be simply killed by some fiends or devils no he could fight his way out.

p.s. read the story

p.p.s. how amny times ahve you finished the game.

12. Ipsian Gems: 1/31

theres a big difference between a city and a war.

ps yes i have read the story
    pps once

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Mr.Ipsian for someone who says they have finished torment you should know that although sigil is the centre of the game not all of it is in cities. Also in the case of sigil and portals everywhere wars are small time to a cutter who can survive and navigate his way through sigil. More than one naive cutter like you Ipsian has ended up a deder in sigils mean streets.

14. Ipsian Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] by that logic, the hive dwellers them selves should be able to cope very well in the Blood War. Ingress is the only one who wemeet in the whooooooooole game who has trouble.

15. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I said someone who can surviuve and navigate his way through sigil. Sigil is a place of portals the cutters themselves rarely use or know where these portals are. They are likely to be killed by thugs also even thoguh you don't see it. What you see of sigil in the game is only 2 wards and 4 sections of the hive plus and alley and a collectors square.

By this logic since most hive dwellers don't navigate portal city via portals they are excluded from my statemnt which i was reffering to the nameless/named one not everyday non portallers.

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sigil's more dangerous than the blood war? Go talk to Ghysis the crooked in the Sensate hall. Listen to his babbling about "paper soldiers". It's true that people have got out of the blood war alive (Ghysis is one) but they're apparently very rare, need *powerful* friends, and have to pay a very high price for the service. If it wasn't for the lady of pain, the blood war would have stormed all over Sigil and left it in smoking ruins. Another thing, torment is about finding out who you are and all the cool dialogue. The blood war is about fiends killing each other in a huge bloodbath. A sequel set largely in the blood war would be verging onto Diablo territory a bit. However, I think that The Nameless one *did* serve in the blood war, and *did* figure a way out. I think a prequel, as someone suggested in that other post might be better. Every character has a huge potential for that (Grace escaping from the fiends etc.) you could even put a prequel into a sequel, the whole idea being that now you've got your memories, you have to confront your past to keep your sanity. However, in any related game, the appearance of the original cast should be limited, not like in BGII where it seems that the entire population of the Sword Coast followed you into Amn.

SPOILER
    It involved a woman who is now deceased (presumably), and if he did find a way to do it again we'd be right back to the start.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited September 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited September 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited September 03, 2001).]

17. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] What i meant about sigil being dangerous and the nameless one's journeys is that the namless one is not a normal citizen of fighter/mage/thief but all three and at an incredibly high level compared to normal people. Therefore he should be able to kill some fiends in the blood war (after all i did when i soloed and arrived in baator those fiends couldn't touch me). I hope u understand now.

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Okay, I get your point but....
    1) I don't personally like the idea of being so powerful there's nothing you have to run away from (notice in the contributions I have made to the story, Named One is helpless - I think the whole point of the nameless one is being helpless and confused)
    2) The blood war battlefield has loads and loads of fiends, Ghysis told you about his boastful friends. It's big, it's bad.
    3) As I said a sequel in the blood war would have so much fighting it may well be more Diablo than Torment.
    hmmm, looks like the same point 3 times, oh well...

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited September 05, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.