1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jon Irenicus' stats?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Eyebreaker7, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Which encounter did you have in mind? On a quick scan in SK, I can find as many as 16 different John Irenicus creature files.

Their stats largely agree with each other, but not entirely. From a selection of 4 of the Irenicuses (out of which two are HELLJON and HELLJON2, so it's a fair guess that one of them is the one you fight in hell):
    STR 13
    DEX 18/20/21
    CON 14
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 17
    hp 96
    AC 10/0
    THAC0 11
    kill xp 26000/46000
    Saving throw vs paralyzation, poison, death magic 0/8
    Saving throw vs rod, staff, wand 0/3
    Saving throw vs petrification, polymorph 0/5
    Saving throw vs breath 0/7
    Saving throw vs spells 0/4

One of the four has a ring in his inventory, an unnamed ring, which presumably has some scripting properties assigned to it, but I don't know. None of the others have anything in their inventory. None of them have weapon proficiencies either, nor resistances.

Memorisation is not the same for any of the creature files I've checked - one doesn't have any memorised spells at all (cujon.cre), another has some lower level spells, but not time stop (HELLJON2.cre), the others have a selection of higher level spells, but the precise spells and number of them varies. One of them has two time stops and two spellstrikes (sujon.cre), while the other has only one time stop, no spellstrikes, but two wail of the banshee instead of one memorised (HELLJON.cre).

/edit
    He is also a lvl 29 or 30 neutral evil elven mage - depending on which .cre file you take. Also his gender is apparently either Male or Niether (whatever that is), depending on which file you look at.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I guess I'm looking for the end game, in hell, stats. Didn't think he'd have dif stats from encounters. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. It looks like he should have more than a 13 str though. He's pretty buff for a mage.
    Also something I've always wondered is why does he look like he's wearing someone's face? He's got those piercings around his face that make it look like he's wearing someone's face?? Just curious. Lol.

4. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    13 strength is already above average, 9-11 is average strength. A score of 15+ would mean the equivalent of a muscle builder or a competitive tough sports player, with 17+ dividing the elite from most players.

I'm guessing Irenicus' appearance is due to the conditions he has lived/fought/experimented in after he was cursed by the Seldarine. He's smart enough to keep his body in good physical shape, but when you lose the ability to feel emotions you tend to no longer care about your personal appearance. Perhaps his current setup improves his perception or other skills, or at least makes him look more intimidating.
    It's not like he needed to keep appearances up anyway, Irenicus is a very powerful mage.

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I guess it just goes to show you, psychopaths make odd fashion choices! :p

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I always figured the face was somehow related to his condition - what with losing his soul and such. It also always reminded me of a book or movie, can't remember which, in which one of the characters is very old and has something like stretchers to keep his facial skin tight.

Aside from that, I just recalled that Irenicus goes into a slayer transformation before he fights you in hell. In SK, there's four different .cre files with Slayer names on it. I'm not sure if one of them is actually Irenicus in the hell battle, but hellslay.cre is actually the only one of the Slayer .cre files that actually has wizard spells memorised. It's counted as a lvl 20 lich.

His stats are:
    STR 24
    DEX 25
    CON 25
    INT 16
    WIS 9
    CHA 9
    hp 217
    AC -4
    THAC0 -6
    kill xp 0
    Attacks per round 2
    Saving throw vs paralyzation, poison, death magic 2
    Saving throw vs rod, staff, wand 2
    Saving throw vs petrification, polymorph 2
    Saving throw vs breath 2
    Saving throw vs spells 2
    Magic resistance 50

No other resistances and the memorised spells include a time stop and wail of the banshee, so I guess it could be the right file.

Aside from the Jon you fight in hell, the other ones that would be relevant are the Jon that you fight at the tree of life and the one that you fight in Spellhold. I have no idea which .cre file would correspond to those encounters, though.

7. Scatman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It's not that strange compared to some of the things you see nowadays, to be honest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.