1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

JiggaJay's Alehouse

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by JiggaJay, Nov 4, 2005.

1. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Welcome one and all to JiggaJay's Alehouse!! Feel free to relax at my tavern between adventures, socialize, buy a drink, hang out, whatever!!

Here is my list of services:

Goblin Slide 3 sp
    The Green Tongue 2 gp
    Pop's Bitters 3 gp
    Dragon's Breath 1 gp
    The Rainbow 1 gp
    Wet Vorpal 2 gp

Light Drinks
    Elven Tea 2 gp
    Elemental Purewater 6 gp
    Milk Shake
    (cherry, elderberry, gooseberry, raspberry, strawberry) 7 sp
    Rimal Coffee 7 gp

Ales & Meads
    Dwarf's Tongue 2 gp
    Dwarven Ale (Pit, Headknockers) 6 gp
    Crivakk 3 gp
    Golden Sands 3 gp
    Evermead 9 gp
    Kragg 30 gp
    Mead 4 gp
    Old One Eye 4 sp
    Pot of Pop's 2 sp
    Pop's Stout 3 sp
    Suzale 3 sp

Wines
    Berduskan Dark 16 gp
    Blood Wine 2 gp
    Clarry 5 gp
    Dark River Wine 5 gp
    Elverquisst 9 gp
    Firewine 5 sp
    Guldathen Nectar 10 gp
    Maerlathen Blue 12 gp
    Moonsfire 30 gp
    Moonwine 25 gp
    Pop's Red or White 4 gp
    Saerloonian Glowfire 7 gp
    Saerloonian Special Vat 7 gp
    Saerloonian Topaz 6 gp
    Spiderblood 25 gp
    Winter Wine 8 gp
    Zzar 2 gp

Something else
    Almond Brandy 1 gp
    Death in a Bottle 7 gp
    Fruit Liqueurs
    (apricot, cherry, gooseberry, peach, pear, strawberry) 1 gp
    Knee-Cracker Cider 1 gp
    Purple Hill Cider 5 gp
    Elder Spirits 3 gp
    Whiskey

Also, I have various courtesans available >.> Please inquire in the back.

The alehouse is run by my halfling rogue, Kazdul, so mind your manners or you will be kicked out!!

Have a seat, and enjoy!!

[ November 06, 2005, 17:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Berg Schaufelhand stalked into JIggaJay's Alehouse. He perused the drink menu.

"Two kegs of Dwarf's Tongue. One mug." He told the small one behind the bar.

Raising an eyebrow, the bar keep said, "You got the money?"

Berg plunked a good sized bag full of gold and silver down on the bar.

"Okay, here you go," the barkeep said, having a boy help him roll two kegs out to Berg's table.

Berg tapped the first keg and started to drink.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

A stranger, cloaked in shadow, entered the tavern and sat at a table in the corner furthest from the fire.

"A bottle of Moonwine and a cup of elven tea", he rasped to the waitress. A pile of coins spilled from his almost skeletal hand as he spoke again, barely above a whisper. "Take what thee need, but leave the rest."

When the waitress returned, he drunk only the tea, but the wine bottle was mysteriously empty by the time he was done...

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The door flew open and a brash old woman entered, kicking it shut with her thick bootheel. Her clothes were stark black and faded with age. She hobbled up to the bar and ordered a Golden Sands. When it looked as though the barkeep would ask for payment, she squinted a rheumy eye at the halfling and stared at him.

5. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Behind the counter stood a flambouyant hooded figure, clad in dark green and leather straps that comprised of a seb belt system, containing various rogue entrappings and small potion filled vials. On his thighs were strapped two long daggers, and on his hip a pistol crossbow was holstered. Also behind the counter was a board that the halfling could stand on, so that the casual customer could see him from the waist up.

With a smile on his face and arms wide, he exclaimed "Welcome all to my alehouse!! Sorry for the slowness, but it did open just today you know :) . May i inquire, Mr. Schaufelhand, what you are going to do with 2 kegs!? Certainly not drink it all by yourself? Also, may i inquire as to your names you other two? I would dearly like to know!!"

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The old woman kept her squint going as she replied in a raspy tone, "My name! I's tells ye my name. It's OldWomenDon'tPayForDrinks, doncha know?" She continued to watch him, her face stonier than normal.

7. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex sat down quiety near the fire. He had the hood of his cloak pulled up to cover his strange heritage. "A glass of Golden Sands please." He asked as he stretched his legs out in front of him. It had been a hectic few months, ever since he had left home after his mothers funeral.

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Daren ran in after Berg, and sat down beside him, huffing and puffing.

"I know you told me to go away.. phew.. but I think we can make an awesome team! Oh, is some of this for me?"

9. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Berg wondered why the barkeep was asking about the two kegs. He always ordered enough for him and his crew, but then he realized that his poor miners were gone, hacked to death by the goblins, or blown up in the final explosion. Well, he would drink to their memories.

"I'm going to drink the kegs for my lost crew. However long it takes me. I guess I could spare some, if there were anyone willing to drink with me." He looked suspiciously at the two cloaked figures. To the old woman he called, "I'll pay for your drink, maam." She kind of reminded him of his dear old ma, battle axe that she was through and through.

He looked at the small halfling coming in. "Glad you made it out of that hell hole alive. Sure, get a glass, you can help me finish these two kegs."

[ November 04, 2005, 23:38: Message edited by: Scot ]

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

"My name? What use would thou have for it, small one? My gold is as good as any other's; and that is all thou needst to know."

The seemingly empty hood turned in the direction of the fire, but still the cloak seemed to absorb the firelight, and no face could be seen within its dark reaches. "Dark one, I have a task for thee if thou would hear it."

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Having traveled for several days Bjorn came across a tavern. "Ah, at least I can get a drink and prehaps something besides trail rations. Even a nap by a fire inside would be welcome."

He enters the tavern his helmet carefully covering his ears. Looking around he sees Berg and Daren with two kegs of something. Perking up he moves quickly over to them.

"Hail and well met friends. I feared I was the only one to survive. It is good to see you. Might I join you?"

12. Scot

Berg finished his eighth mug, and was filling up his ninth, when the odder stranger spoke. He had a good start on getting stone dead drunk, which was all he really wanted right now, but when the stranger spoke of a task, he listened, though tried to seem to be lost in the ale.

A good drunken stupor was good for a dwarf every now and then, especially after the last few weeks of the siege, with just enough alcohol to keep his blood thin, but he wasn't interested in spending the last few centuries of his life looking in the bottom of a mug. He'd seen too many good dwarves lose themselves that way. So he listened to see what this task would be, and if it might be of any interest to hiim.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Noticing others were bent on drinking their fill, the old lady gulped her Golden Sands. She slipped from the bar toward the shadowy corners of the room.

Hiding in plain view became easier and easier as the years went by. No one bothered paying any mind to old women, especially those with witchy qualities. It felt safe enough here. The only person who might recognize her as Rosy le Bouche wasn't one to tell tales out of school.

14. Scot

Berg tried to focus his eyes, which didn't work too well, his ears heard well enough though. "That sounds like Bjorn! We need another mug! Good to see that those pesky goblins didn't get all of us. Damn, we're going to need another keg! Bartender!"

15. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

*gives Berg another keg*
    These kegs are on me, sorry about your crew.. :*(

So everyone, I was just wondering, are there any quests i could join? My skills are pretty sweet, and i can beat almost anything with my daggers, and the ladies can't resist my charm. :)

Also, ms. doesn'tpayfordrinks, you seem to be under a lot of stress, which could denote your harsh attitude. Maybe you wanna talk and get it off your chest? just a suggestion m'dear.

Hmmm... Also, I am looking to hire some bouncers if anyones interested. I'm setting up for interviews right now. My time on the net is limited, so make it quick!!

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bjorn got a mug, sat down and stretched out his legs.

"Quests? Bouncers? Right now all I'm looking for is a drink and a hot meal someone else fixed."

He filled the mug. Looking at Berg and Daren he raised it in a toast.

"To those who didn't make it." He drank it down in gulp.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Rosy twitched her lips at the barkeep's words. How gullible are people? she wondered, knowing her ruse to get free booze worked. She slinked further into the welcoming darkness of the shadows.

She kept an eye on the shadowy figure at the table. That was the one to watch out for.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"To the ones who didn't make it!" Daren exclaimed, drinking the ale down in a few gulps. He pulled out his pipe, lit it and leaned back on his chair, puffing silently.

19. Scot

"To za wuns oo didnt made it!" Berg managed to say. Whether the listeners managed to understand it was another question, but one that Berg wouldn't bother asking, as he passed out contentedly with his head on the table.

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex watched silently as the group made a ruckus. he didn't say anything, they were dealing with the loss of comrades. His red eyes shifted to the old woman, she was full of bitterness it seemed, but it was still no concern to the half drow.

His eyes followed the old womans to the stranger in the corner. His hands slipped to his scimitars, but it was more of a force of habit that out of fear. His head cocked to the side as he studied the stranger.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.