1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jester's bag does not work

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by johnnybr1, Nov 4, 2006.

1. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

is it supposed to work or is just a bad jester's joke? i need to use to store my missile weapons.

[ November 05, 2006, 15:03: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's not a bag of holdingin the normal sense. IIRC, you don't put things in it, but you can get something out of it. It's more a joke item, but I did find it useful on occasion.

3. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Just read its description. Put it in the quick item slot and you can use it to get a more or less useful random item once per day. You might even get a "flame arrow" scroll if you're lucky.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

You can get random (normal) weapons, dead animals, (cursed) potions, and random scrolls. I always check it daily after a rest!

5. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

— Verify that you ALWAYS have a free space in your inventary before using it in the quick item slot ! :)

• I think it's a VERY useful item.
    Sometimes, when I was short of +1 arrows, it gave me a set of several dizains of them, just in time !
    What luck !
    But, if you are in an unlucky period, you can obtain, one after the other, strange and unuseful things as 3 dead cats (three !) in the same line ...

I have HAD three dead cats, every one after the last.
    Curious feeling.
    I don't wish THAT to arrive to Felinoid ... :lol:

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I get 20 oils of speed in one draw once! :eek: Before you go drooling, let me say that they were all cursed (fancy colors) oils of speed. How lucky! :p

7. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

Heh, Silverstar ! You ARE lucky ! :thumb:

At this stage of the game, (if you play it for first time), the money gained from a selling of 20 x 1 cursed Oil of Speed is not negligible ! :bigeyes:

I envy you :wail: :cry:
    — Well, OK. Perhaps I don't know all your game, finally ... :p

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well, they go pretty cheap anyway. Vendors know they are cursed afterall! :(

9. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

Oh come on ! I don't remember the exact selling price, but I add :

50 g.p. x 20 potions = 1000 gold pieces !

Free ! :)

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

And I am sure you know the selling prices of cool stuff in Kuldahar which HoW brings? :wail:

I want those cool spiffy items! All of them! :wail:

Not to mention awesome items sold in HoW and ToTLM areas! I need something more than mere 1000 gp! :cry:

11. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

Money is never a problem. Just ask the cheatconsole. :D

I don't remember any "cool spiffy item" Howc bringds to Kuldahar (except spells). All of them are outclassed by weapons and armor you'll find during the game.

12. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

Cheating is stupid. It's killing pleasure. :(

• ME, a << Wizard—In—The—Soul >>, I remember, in fact, several items of cool stuff to be bought in Orick's Tower and all succeeding shops. :bigeyes:

(I don't own expansions of IWD, but for a long time from the start, it's NOT matters).

There, an example :

— One of these items is the expensive ROBE of FUSION ! :thumb:

I say THIS to you, Kmonster : I NEVER change that robe for an other founded ANYWHERE in the game, even the good ones found in the Severed Hand, or more later among the umbers ulks and golems of the sorcerer of Fire Chapter.

... Then, I FULLY AGREE with Silverstar.
    He is a guy who really love Gaming, and it is a respectable quality ! :)

[ November 08, 2006, 01:07: Message edited by: Cal Yhringlor ]

13. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

Silverstar only writes about "cool spiffy" items you can only buy in the shops with the expansions installed in his post.
    You don't own any expansion, but you agree fully with him.
    Someone has gained a believer :pope: :D

The "robe of enfusing" is already there in the original game, so it can't be an example for "cool spiffy item" brought to Kuldahar by HoW.

The comment about the console was ironic, I haven't used the gold cheat yet.

I know that the "robe of enfusing" is the best robe since you can use "shield" or "barkskin" (I often bought it) but I'm just too lazy to cast "shield" (and the game is too easy to require it), so my mage doesn't wear it anymore after getting Malavon's robe. And since I usually dualclass the robe isn't needed at the beginning either except for filling inventory space.

With HoW it's even possible to find 5 other "robes of enfusing" afterwards btw. :eek:

14. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

Sorry. :bad:
    :(
    I can only repeat that :
    — My opinion was ONLY for the game WITHOUT any expansions. :)

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Thank you for your kind words! But I know Kmonster is also a dedicated IWD (1-2) player, who has vast knowledge and experience with the game, but he is also a cool member of BoM who tries to help other players! I am sure he does not need to use much cheat or cheese to enjoy his games!

I have to agree gold is not a real problem in non-expansion games. A few scrolls, one robe, and wand of freezing death:my mage can live with only buying those from Orrick.

However, with expansion, there are so many 'must have' items and high lvl spell scrolls available for purchase, I suddenly became a penny pincher! :roll:

16. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

In my last game my party had only about 700,000 GP left at the end, although they bought the "must have" items. :p
    Probably AB related, but several 100,000 GP left after all expansions is normal.

The "helm of the trusted defender" is great and the "lucky scimitar" is also nice, but I don't buy the other expensive stuff from Conlan since I don't need it early and know they'll get better stuff later for free.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

700 K GP? My! :eek: How...how do you find so much gp? :confused:

18. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

— For me, I have always much money in IWD without expansions, mainly growing more than expenses, early in the "Ice Chapter" ; but after the "Fire Chapter", and until I had bought lot of stuff to the unmoral drow elf, (shields and Resurrection Staff, etc ...), I lose many gold, and I remain often with 35 000 to 60 000, more or less, if I remember well. :)

[ — Out topic, but In BG1 with TotSC, I end the game with 200 000 or 250 000 if all goes well. :money:
    I buy a Robe Of Neutral Archmagi as soon as I can, early in the game ].

• At last, to end with that poor " Jester 's Bag ", I think it is a good revealer of the avidity, greediness and covetouness, hidden more or less deaper in EVERY ONE of US ! ... :lol:
    Humm ... I use it near-each morning ... :o :o :o

19. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

Mainly because of the additions from HoW, TotL or AB.
    The 4 "Kraken society mages" alone should yield nearly 100,000 if you sell their stuff to Lehland (Nym pays only half the price), the mercenary group in HoW also yields a lot of money.
    And in TotL there's so much expensive stuff, more than 20 long swords +1 sellable for 1000 GP each, archmagi robes, expensive weapons, ...

With AB the shop price modifier for high charisma isn't capped at level 20 any more so you can even get rich by buying and reselling stuff.(I decided not to abuse this.)
    I only had to equip 5 characters so I could save a little money.

You can make a lot of money if you know where to sell and how to sell.
    Lehland, Oswald and Orrick pay the best prices for items, and prices drop fast if they already have items you want to sell.
    I waited with selling yeti pelts (or some other common stuff) until I had 16 of them (used the inn for storing) and the expensive stuff found in Dragon's Eye was kept until it was sold to Lehland.
    But it gets really painful since it takes hours to sort the equipment and walk from merchant to merchant, I wish they just made constant buying prices everywhere. :(
    Having someone with high charisma (like a bard with the "friends" spell) also helps saving money.
    A low reputation will make the prices much more expensive, better don't start with a "chaotic evil" character in slot1 or slaughter innocents who let your reputation drop.

20. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

— Yes, Kmonster, here you are right :
    ... How many times I have made the same long and boring travels among all shop-keepers, with 16 yetis pelts, or, (better), 16 winter wolves pelts, and, sometimes, sets of things of much less value. :money: :yum:

I even remember to have tried to sell more strange stuffs (as trying to sell to Kuldahar the spoiled pieces of wool, and honey-colored leather, bought from the poor ghostly Lehland, without gain, alas !) :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.