1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tony Tulipstomp, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Tony Tulipstomp Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

which weapon style is best for her? staff, spear..? Don't know which is the best item in the game for her :(

[ September 24, 2006, 16:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I usually use scimitars and slings with her, this pretty much let her use a shield for more protection as well.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like giving her spears and staves. She's devastating with Impaler.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Clubs and slings, then daggers and scimitars.

5. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I always give her dagger, for the boomerang dagger you can buy in the Underdark. Until then, just a plain club, unless you do Trademeet, where there are a couple of good clubs.

I eventually give her scimitars as well, there's a good one in ToB.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I typically do the druid grove early on if I have Jaheira, as you get two very good weapons during that quest. You can get Blackblood for her main hand (or if you're trying to save up gold, you can always take Gnasher, as you get that during a fight) with Belm in the offhand. IMO, that's the best combination early on. If you're keeping Jaheira through ToB, then either Staves or Spears are excellent choices. There's nothing wrong with Impaler, although you'll do fine with Ixil's Spike or Staff of the Ram as well. Of course, NONE of these options are available early on in SoA, which is why Blackblood/Gnasher w/Belm is usually the best you can do early.

7. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sling and spells for me. ;)

To me she is not a front-liner.

I like two slabs of meat upfront, with casters after that.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    She isn't a front liner - until you get ironskin. After that, she pretty much is the uber-tank. Iron skin is one of the few druid spells that have no cleric counterpart, and one of the few times that thre druid spell list is superior to the cleric spell list. Ironskin is THE reason that R/C and F/D are superior tanks to F/C.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I have her as my third fighter, being beaten by the likes of Minsc. I have her use slings, and for melee, clubs. You can get an amazing club in Trademeet.

10. Tag the Nosepiercer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Staff! Nothing else! Simply because there's no good clubs(or at least, good in comparison to damn near everything else) late in the game, and staves just pwn. Well mostly staff of the ram. Scimmies are alright, but I just like the appearance of this little elven druid beating the hell out of a lesser demon with a stick. It r pwn!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.