1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira Romance .... Hook a Brother up?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mathetais, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I'm sure this thread has been done back in the Stone Ages of the Forums, but my search came up empty. (It could be because my dyslexic heart can't find the proper spelling of Jaheria in the dictionary ;) )

I've been romancing the dynamic druid since the game started, but I'm stuck in a loop. Every now and then she will ask me, "Mathetais, during that last battle, did you enjoy the bloodshed, carnage and other PG13 animations that were introduced, or were you horrified."

And I say, "Violence makes me ill, but I do what I have to do in order to do what I need to do."

(Or something like that ;) )

I have to make sure I go through the dialoge right, because I'm getting close to accidentally telling her to piss off (a similar experience in high school left me with a black eye and no date for Homecoming :grin: )

So, if this were real life, I'd by her some flowers, apoligize for all the things I don't remember doing wrong, and then move to the next step in the relationship. Unfortunately there is no, "Stop her questions by kissing her soundly" option in the dialoge menu.

Any suggestions?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well, romancing in a computer game also has good things. When you say in real life to a girl: You're really a stupid blonde, you can't reload your last save game :D

The less good thing is you can't use your best score-slagon: "Hey I know Marnix and he likes me" wich obviously DOES work in real life.

Well.. it all has pros and cons :)

3. I had the same problem too.. what I did was set the love talk back 1 number. People said Dermin was suppose to appear... Well it worked for me.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Do not mess the variables unless it's necessary.

Yes, Dermin is supposed to appear next - but ONLY if quests related to him are not finished. This will happen only if you are outdoors and not in chapter 4,5 or 7.

If moving around doesn't make Dermin appear, then set LoveTalk to 53.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] I don't remember the chapter number I'm in. (Actually I'm at the bottom of the Watcher's Keep trying to finish of the guardians *no-TOB-spoilers-here*)

I just finished the Under Dark and figured that Watcher's Keep might be a good way to level up and find some good equipment to help me annihilate Bohdi.

Just like in real life, I don't get outside nearly enough. Do you think I should spend some time wandering the streets of the city after I'm done here?

BTW - I haven't used CTR-J to move around in any of the city areas. I know that BTA missed part of this romance because of that.

6. I believe you should take some time to wander around in the outdoors. This is the only time to do it before retrieving the Rhynn Lanthorn, correct?

During this time I just finished up any quests that were hanging so it pretty much took up some time. One word of caution though, the Jaheira romance takes an extremely long REAL TIME to finish so good luck in finishing it up!

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

For God's sake Mat!

I don't nor can't know what are effects of ToB on romances. I can't help you, sorry.

The only one who could know something about it is Tina2.

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] For God's Sake Extremist! ;) :grin:

I wasn't asking for TOB info, I know that is taboo! I was just telling you where I was. I haven't gotten into the Add-on, just the Add-in. (I think that made sense).

I may be forced to move the counter up. I'm really curious how this romance will go, and I've invested alot of time & patience on this foul half-elf! She is getting on my every last never ... should have picked Vic! :evil:

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Math, for your sake, it's better that we don't tell how it will go. You have to fiund it out by yourself, that more fun.. or should I say: less expected perils. In real life I also don't tell how your relation would end, it would only disappoint you :p :rolleyes: ;)

10. DemoGorgon Guest

ive never had any luck with the romances in the game a t all. it takes to long, i dont know even if i ever started any.

11. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

You are still in SOA right, but are playing through the add in area from TOB.
    Extremist and Tina2 are the experts.

However, my suggestion is finish up your add in section and then move to an outdoor area, umar, trademeet, fighter stronghold etc, and rest outdoors, dermin should appear.

I had exactly the same problem and Tina2 and Extremist suggested I do this and it worked.

Also, after seeing dermin, use the pause technique outdoors to get the last few dialogues and events.... (pause game for about an hour, come back unpause and the dialog event should appear.

FYI, I rested outside the gates of trademeet.

I completed the Jaheira romance (note the spelling :) ) before going off to spellhold.

Good Luck

Cheers,

WittyNewt

[This message has been edited by wittynewt (edited November 09, 2001).]

12. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I got stuck on exactly the same point, and was only able to get out of it by incrementing the LoveTalk value. I hadn't applied the fix at that point, so that might sort things out as well (though I assume you've already done that).

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I had that problem, and the patch for ToB sort of fixed it. (I seem to remember sometimes getting loops, but not infinite ones) - and it specifically says in the patch description "fixes Jahiera romance in SoA". So number one is to try that. Also, leave the game running in a safe bit while you go have dinner to move the romance along. I had to do that a lot.

14. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

In fact, you can even leave the game on pause while you go and have dinner, as the romances are governed by a real time timer, rather than a game time timer.

15. Tina2 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Extremist wrote
    *For God's sake Mat!

I don't nor can't know what are effects of ToB on romances. I can't help you, sorry.

The only one who could know something about it is Tina2.*

Oh wow ! I am quoted !!! (blushes deeply)

So, to finish it up: Nothing of the Jaheira-SoA romance happens in or around Wathcre's keep. Resting outside means in the wilderness, so walking the CITY streets of Athkatla doesn't help, nor does Trademeet.

IF Dermin doesn't spawn after resting outside, pausing and reseting lovetalk, the last hope for people with a bugged ToB is to remove "Jaheira.bcs" from the override directory (don't ERASE, just move, you'll need it later for ToB).
    (still surprised to be thought of as an expert ....)

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Thank you all for your help on this. You can't imagine how imporant it is for me to woo over that half-elven bit-map. ;)

I guess in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, but hey, they built the romances into the game and I want to finish them.

*Besides, last time I romanced Arie (don't correct my spelling please) and I found that way to realistic ;) :spin:

17. wittynewt Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Hi,

Well, no disrespect to either Tina2 or extremist, but I rested outside the gates of trademeet on the upper lefthand side of the map and dermin did spawn there, so it must be considered a valid location in my game.
    I have SOA plus TOB, plus latest official patch and fixpack 1.12 from baldurdash.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

18. Tina2 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I meant 1.) walking around Trademeet and 2.) resting IN Trademeet won't work.

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Man, I said he should be OUTDOORS in order to get Dermin. So no "no disrespect" notes needed. OK? ;)

Resting is not needed - that's for sure.

And finally, Trademeet will work as any other "outdoors" place - if there are no people nearby. So you could get Dermin even in the town center.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 13, 2001).]

20. wittynewt Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Hi,

No problemo, glad we are all on the page. :)

Cheers,

WittyNewt

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.