1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira Romance bug? Help please

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kyu, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Kyu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all, I've played through SOA a great number of times and every now and again I'll play through it with one of the romances. I had never attempted Jaheira's until now -- she *is* rather overbearing -- in any case, I'm in chapter 7, I've killed Bodhi and can wander over to Thatelvenplacewiththeimpossiblecomplexname whenever. However, I'd like to finish the romance before I do -- it would be oh so unfulfilling to get this far only to throw it all away. I've semi-recently killed the harpers that summoned me to their hold and have most recently gone through a "LoveTalk" in which Jaheira remimisces of old times with the harpers. Thanks to a handy walkthrough I found, I've discovered that, following that conversation, a person named Reviane is supposed to show up ... and the romance continues from there. However, the "person" has not shown up and Jaheira has begun looping her most recent "LoveTalk," in fact, she has reminisced of old times with the damned harpers about 4 times now. I've tried going outside and sleeping, I've tried going to different areas of the map ... Any help at all would be great.

As an afterthought, I have the TOB expansion and the patch for *it*, so I believe I am running the most recent/patched version of SOA.

2. Well... I did hear somewhere you can continue the romance in ToB, but I'm not sure...

Btw, it's Suldenesslar.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] The romance is stuck, you have to change the Love Talk somehow. Look for older posts about this unless someone else replies here.

Let me try adding this...

# JAHEIRA ROMANCE WALKTHROUGH #

Author : Valecrion
    Version : 2.0
    Date : 08/13/01

This walkthrough details the events in the Jaheira Romance for Baldur's Gate II : Shadows of Amn.
    It summarizes my experiences with the Jaheira romance through SoA and the techniques I used to complete
    it successfully. Note that no cheats or hacks were used for this walkthrough, just the official SoA
    patch was installed. The "ROMANCE EVENTS" section describes the sequence of events in the Jaheira
    romance including the type of event, required location (if any) for the event to occur, romance dialogs,
    and global and affects variables. Please refer to the "NOTES" section for general information about the
    romance and the "SYMBOL KEY" section for a description of the symbols used in the walkthrough.

I am in no way affiliated with Bioware or anybody else even remotely involved in the design and/or
    publishing of this (or any other) game.

##################
    # ROMANCE EVENTS #
    ##################

Event Event Required Dialog /
    No. Type& Quest# Location@ Day Hour Location* _Romance+ _RomanceActive+ LOVETALK+ Description
    ----- ----- ------ --------- --- ---- --------- --------- --------------- --------- --------------
    1. A R - 2 18 Slums 307418 1 3 'Where to now, fearless leader?'
    2. P R - 2 18 Slums 368773 1 5 'Hmmm ... seems I cannot help but speak of the dead lately.'
    3. P R - 2 18 Slums 423761 1 7 'Ehh, I think I still have a stitch in my leg ...'
    4. S R - 3 2 Slums 424700 1 9 Jaheira has first bad dream.
    5. P R - 3 2 Slums 826217 1 11 'A copper for your thoughts.'
    6. S R - 3 10 Slums 827861 1 13 Jaheira has second bad dream.
    7. T(F) H(R) - 4 8 Transition 827861 1 13 Renfeld (the Poisoned Man) Quest.
    8. T(F) H(R) - 4 9 Docks 827861 1 13 Xar/Montaron quest.
    9. P R - 4 9 Docks 1317884 1 15 'It is good to be back in Amn, even under these conditions.'
    10. P R - 4 9 Docks 1881089 1 17 'Blast, our progress is not as it could be, I am sure.'
    11. P R - 4 9 Docks 1940261 1 19 'I ... This may be a bad time or not ...'
    12. P R - 4 9 Docks 2200592 1 21 'We continue on our path and I cannot help but wonder ...'
    13. P R - 4 9 Docks 2740878 1 23 '(char name), do you worry of missing friends?'
    14. P R - 4 9 Docks 2845813 1 25 'I do wish these scars would heal.'
    15. P R - 4 9 Docks 2903713 1 27 'This is a dangerous life we seem to lead, it does seem.'
    16. S R Wild 5 13 D'Arnise 2903713 1 27 Bandits appear and take Jaheira hostage.
    17. T(A) H(R) - 5 14 D'Arnise 2903713 1 - Meronia appears and tells Jaheira to follow her. Jaheira leaves.
    18. S H(R) - 5 22 D'Arnise 2903713 1 27 Jaheira returns and tells you to go with her to the Harper Hold.
    19. T H(R) - 6 18 Harper Hold 2913699 1 27 Confrontation with Galvarey at the Harper hold.
    20. P R - 6 19 Slums 2981199 1 29 'So, what do you think of Amn so far?'
    21. P R - 6 19 Slums 3035795 1 31 'We have had many people seek our death so far.'
    22. P R - 6 19 Slums 3100819 1 33 'Again I must say how much I prefer the forest ...'
    23. P R - 6 19 Slums 3100819 1 34 'I have been in a similar place as this before ...'
    24. T(A) H(R) - 6 19 Slums 3536760 1 35 Reviane spawns and threatens Jaheira.
    25. P R - 6 19 Slums 4039247 1 37 'Skies are a bit gray no matter where we go, aren't they?'
    26. P R - 6 19 Slums 4039247 1 38 'This may be a bad time or not, but I think we should speak..'
    27. P R - 6 19 Slums 4502585 1 40 'There is an ill wind in the air.'
    28. T(A) H(R) - 6 19 Slums 5058883 1 41 Dermin appears for the first time.
    29. P R - 6 19 Slums 5114926 1 43 'I ... I am sorry but I need to speak with you a moment.'
    30. P R - 6 19 Slums 5172893 1 45 'Blast, my armour needs some cleaning.'
    31. P R - 6 19 Slums 5228717 1 47 'Your old injuries feeling alright?'
    32. P R - 6 19 Slums 5285489 1 49 'So ... could I ... have a few moments of your time?'
    33. P R - 6 19 Temple 5748410 1 51 'I ... I need to speak with you a moment.'
    34. P R - 6 19 Temple 5748410 1 52 'How ... how did that battle make you feel?'
    35. T(A) H(R) - 6 19 Temple 5808867 1 53 Dermin comes again and warns Jaheira of her fate.
    36. S H(R) - 7 4 Temple 5808867 1 - Jaheira leaves again. Terminsel shows up and gives you a note.
    37. T H(R) - 7 4 Docks 5816748 1 54 Go back to Harper Hold and get Jaheira back.
    38. P(S) R - 7 13 Docks 5829114 1 56 'Ah, the dawning of our day ...'
    39. S H(R) Wild 8 17 D'Arnise 5885559 1 57 Dermin tries to kill Jaheira.
    40. S R - 9 1 D'Arnise 5890829 2 59 'It is about time we rested.'
    41. P R - 9 2 D'Arnise 6024689 2 61 'What? What is it you want?'
    42. P R - 9 2 D'Arnise 6080833 2 63 'You needn't keep a distance between us.'
    43. S R - 9 10 D'Arnise 6082002 2 65 'I have ... had a realization.'
    44. P R - 9 10 D'Arnise 6147268 2 67 'We have to be nearing our goal.'
    45. S R - 9 18 D'Arnise 6094184 2 70 This scene is when Jaheira propositions you.
    46. P H(R) - 9 18 D'Arnise 6094184 2 70 Terminsel returns and gives Jaheira the Harper Pin (rep >= 10).

##############
    # SYMBOL KEY #
    ##############

Symbol Description Values
    ------ ----------- ------
    & Event type and method of activation A => Automatic, P => Pause technique activated, S => Sleep initiated, T => Triggered, F => Floating, () => Additional
    # Quest the event belongs to R => Romance, H => Harper Quest, () => Additional
    @ Required location for event to occur
    * Location where I encountered event
    _ Appropriate romance variable; Jaheira
    + Value of variable AFTER said event
    - Not applicable, or unavailable

#########
    # NOTES #
    #########

- Romances will only *progress* in Chapters 2, 3 and 6.
    - Romances will loop in Chapters 4, 5 and 7, possibly to dire consequences if the romance has not been
    finished. Finishing the Jaheira romance before Chapter 4 will avoid *many* problems.
    - Romance dialogs/events typically happen out of doors, sometimes in an inn, but not in dungeons.
    - Romance dialogs progress every *real* time hour or by sleeping, *unless* a trigger event is due.
    Some of these dialogs/sleep events require the party to be in a certain area (such as the wilderness).
    - You *can* do the Harper Quests without romancing Jaheira, but you *can't* do the Jaheira romance
    without doing the Harper Quests.
    - If you are in a romance with Jaheira (JaheiraRomanceActive 1 or 2) the Harper Quests occur with the
    romance dialogs in real time. Otherwise they occur in game time. In both cases, the Harper Quest
    events always occur in sequence relative to the other Harper Quest events.
    - When romancing Jaheira, all but the first two Harper Quest events (the Poisoned Man and Xar/Montaron)
    happen in sequence with the dialog events. These two Harper Quests can occur anywhere in the romance
    sequence before the next Harper Quest event (because the Harper Quest events are always in sequence).
    - Failing to get a Harper Quest event or getting one out of sequence with the dialogs can cause loops
    in the romance. A rather infamous example of this occurs if Dermin's final appearance happens *before*
    the 'Dawning of our day ..." speech. This will cause a loop in the speech and permanently ruin the
    romance.
    - Dialogs can occur both before *and* after a sleep event. At times, the dialog *after* the sleep event
    can fail. This can happen if the protagonist initiates the sleep event by talking to the innkeeper
    (rather than resting outside) and can ruin the progression of the romance. To avoid this, make sure
    another character talks to the innkeeper or just rest outside.
    - Jaheira's Keepsake Locket can be bought only if you are in a romance with her. Other than being nice
    it has *nothing* to do with the progression of the romance and is not required.
    - The event where Jaheira is cursed by Baron Ployer is not part of the romance. It just happens the
    first time you enter the Sea's Bounty Inn in the Docks District with Jaheira in your party.
    - The event in Chapter 6 where Jaheira is turned into a vampire only happens if you are in a romance
    with her and have progressed to the point where JaheiraRomanceActive is 2. You need not have
    *finished* the romance however.
    - ToB royally screws up the romance by causing Dermin's second appearance to always fail. To remedy this,
    install ToB *after* completing the SoA part of the romance. Alternatively, remove and archive the file
    'Jaheira.bcs' from the override directory for the duration of the romance in SoA. Return this file
    after you finish the SoA romance but before moving on to the ToB areas. Note: apparently, the latest
    official patch for ToB fixes many Jaheira romance problems although I haven't tested this yet.

4. Kyu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ah, I see. Curse my luck! Curse it, curse it, curse it! I beleive I will have to take out my sexual frustration on the townsfolk -- they will pay for this!

Thanks for the help.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ah, see, that's where you're wrong. You're running the most recent version of ToB and posting in the wrong forum. Moving.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.