1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jagged Alliance 3D Screenshots

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Tassadar, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ah, the beginning to the end.

I love JA, and I hate to see it being butchered by a game that haven't developed a single, good, game. Also, tell me one game that succeded to "bring the <insert franchise here> to a whole new audience"?

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

That's just marketing hype. Richard Therrien posts fairly regularly on the Bear's Pit boards and is keeping the JA community informed of happenings with the game development. It will be turn based for starters so none of this *pause-give-orders-unpause* thing. I'm pretty confident we will get a very solid game that will equal the brilliance of JA2 if not exceed it.

Mistland are making the JA3/JA3D games for Strategy First. Cops 2170: Power of Law was made by them and looks very good (see my post).
    Cops 2170

4. Register Gems: 29/31

I am a semi-veteran lurker on that board so I haven't been up to date but I must say that SF have a knack for ripping of their customers.

JA2:Wildfire someone?

And how about the voice-sets? I am pretty sure that none of the original voicing cast members will be in this project and then they have three options:

1. Trying to imitate the old guys' voices, which will upset all that have played the former games.

2. Scrapping all JA veterans, which will be even more unpopular.

3. Making it a 1-merc game, which will make the former players burn SF's office and hang the executives on the city square.

And let me guess, the new objective will be "A group of arabian/russian/german/cuban/other-nation-USA-have-something-against terrorists have got a nuclear weapon and it is up to one man to stop it, and that man is you!"

Puh-leease.

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Richard's latest post gives me hope.

"All elements are important. I always found that you are judged on the weakest link which often ends up being the element that some thought as unimportant or less necessary.

The straightforwardness of the interface.
    The quality of the graphics, animations and sounds for a more immersive experience.
    In the case more specific to JA:
    The tactical turn based system.
    The characters' psychological profile and their interactive abilities (between themselves and between them and the player).
    The game's role playing elements and characters' way of growing with experience.
    The wit and humor.
    The economical model as well as the rate of progression.
    The environment and story line, the twists and turns.

I am sure you guys will add to this list as there are many more details than the broad lines listed above. In any case, if something must go in the game, it has to be done as good as can be, otherwise it will be subject to criticism and drag down the whole gaming experience.

That is where the balancing act comes in. You must manage your resources so that all these aspects are taken care of properly and avoid overkilling on one side while not giving the proper polish on the other."

Sounds good to me.

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wow! Looks kick-ass. I hope that it can live up to JA2 (one of the best games ever). I may try to play this one.

7. nior Gems: 24/31

While waiting for JA3, you guys might want to check out Silent Storm. It's a turn-based 3D RPG game based on WWII. Check out the art section for screenshots. This game really got hooked for quite some time.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Silent Storm I have heard mostly bad things about, and the quote posted didn't answer my question; What will they do whit the voice actings.

9. nior Gems: 24/31

@caleb, looks like you only heard one side. I enjoyed it very much, and as a regular in Silent Storm forum, there are a lot of guys out there that loved it as well.

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

@ Caleb
    No word on the voice actors yet.

I'll keep you guys posted on the latest developments as they pop up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.