1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Mod] IWD2: Improved monk fists 4.5

Improved monk fists mod

1. lefuet Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Resourceful Veteran

lefuet submitted a new resource:

Improved monk fists 4.5 - Improved monk fists 4.5

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  2. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Looks great. Did you take into consideration that Freedom of Movement could disable Boots of Speed and Haste effects? I noticed FoM sometimes disables any movement bonuses, but it depends on the form of FoM... This one is entirely new, so I wonder what it does.

3. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Looks quite interesting. You've given me a reason to try out a single-class monk in my next runthrough.

4. lefuet Gems: 3/31

Resourceful Veteran

I tried to follow the DC guidelines, but I could not attach a file. On bottom left where my rights are cited it says: "You may not post attachments" :(
    couldn't find a quick file hoster and the library is closing in 2 minutes. but i show you the readme of the 4.5 version ;)

Code:
    improved monk fists mod for IWD2

author: lefuet
    wanted to give monk fists the chance to keep up with ever better magical weapons
    decrease micromanagement by automatizing the stun effect

version history
    ---------------
    version 4.5
    - an unarmed monk at L26+ is constantly hasted and can outrun other hasted characters

version 4.1
    - bugfix: disruption stopped working at higher levels because of a conflict with the stun effect
    - at L26 +1d10 fire damage

version 4.0
    - ki strike starts with level 8 
    (it took too long until the monk fists caught up to the weapons found)
    - some new effects are in place while the monk is using his fists:
    level 13+: Disruption: All undead and outsiders hit must make a Fortitude save or be destroyed
    level 16+: Freedom of Movement
    level 21+: Impervious Sanctity of Mind
    level 26+: Executioner's Eyes

version 3.2
    - increased stun possibility to the magic damage possibility
    (stun effect was happening to rare)
    - increased the difficulty to resist the stun effect with monk levels
    (there are already weapons out there with an even harder to resist stun effect, it is a typical monk trait to stun opponents)

version 3.1
    - (range 2 from v3 removed in v3.1 - it looked weird)
    - splitted the main damage into 2 dice of half size each
    (feels more natural because of the 2 fists and improves the effect of luck)
    - the (possibility of) extra bludgeoning damage grows parallel with the main damage
    - the (possibility of) extra magic damage starts with the advent of the Ki strike at level 10
    - the (possibility of) stunning also starts with Ki strike and improves with monk levels

version 2
    - possibility for stunning at higher levels 
    to reduce micromanagement (monks can stun anyway) and heighten the feel of a monk (in contrast to other melee classes)

version 1 (initial version)
    - possibility for some extra magic damage
    - they profit from weapon proficiency (in axes)
    - the critical threat range is 19-20 x3 (they are also keen weapons now)

instructions:
    -------------
    - copy files to override folder to activate
    - remove these files from override folder to deactivate
    you can do this in the middle of a game (just save and reload)

what is changed:
    ----------------
    weapon type of monk fists is now axes (monks are proficient in axes):
    - they profit from weapon proficiency (in axes)
    - the critical threat range is 19-20 x3 (they are also keen weapons now)
    The enchantment (Ki strike) you gain at L8+1 (L10+2, L13+3, L16+4, L21+5) now also counts as to hit and damage bonus (like all +x weapons).
    There is now an automatic chance to stun opponents (getting stronger with monk levels and starting with Ki strike).
    L13 undead and outsiders must make a Fortitude save or be disrupted
    L16 Freedom of Movement
    L21 Impervious Sanctity of Mind
    L26 Executioner's Eyes, Haste

level: damage
    01-03: 2d3    + 1d3 (10%) normal
    04-07: 2d4    + 1d4 (20%) normal
    08-09: 2d5 +1 + 1d5 (20%) normal + 1d5 (10%) magical (+1 Weapon) + stun(10%) 
    10-11: 2d6 +2 + 1d6 (20%) normal + 1d6 (10%) magical (+2 Weapon) + stun(10%) 
    12-12: 2d6 +2 + 1d6 (25%) normal + 1d6 (15%) magical (+2 Weapon) + stun(15%) 
    13-15: 2d8 +3 + 1d8 (25%) normal + 1d8 (25%) magical (+3 Weapon) + stun(25%) D
    16-20: 2d10+4 + 1d10(50%) normal + 1d10(50%) magical (+4 Weapon) + stun(50%) D,FM
    21-25: 2d10+5 + 1d10      normal + 1d10      magical (+5 Weapon) + stun      D,FM,ISM
    26-xx: 2d10+5 + 1d10      normal + 1d10      magical (+5 Weapon) + stun      D,FM,ISM,EE,H
                                     + 1d10      fire

D   = Disruption (outsiders and undead)
    FM  = Freedom of Movement
    ISM = Impervious Sanctity of Mind
    EE  = Executioner's Eyes
    H   = Haste (300% movement speed)
    (normally _all_ hasted characters have 200% like the unhasted high level monk)

stun(x%) = x% chance that target is stunned
    stuns for 1/2 round at lvl 10 to 1.5 rounds at lvl 21+ 
    Fortitude saves but gets penalized with growing monk levels

normal movement is 100%
    with increasing monk levels the movement is upgraded to about 200%
    haste sets the movement rate to 200% (like boots of speed) so the movement bonus of a hasted monk is lost
    (if you use an item that grants only a slight movement bonus your monk can actually get slower)

comments:
    - be careful, you are not the only monk out there (I have a hard time against broken khree from the lost followers)
    - with customdll monkfists (axes!) become finessable and can also profit from weapon specialization
    - you can use some of the excellent throwing axes for even more synergy (if you can stop using your fists ;)

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    Bladezuez likes this.
  5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sorry about that lefuet, small permissions oversight. You should be able to attach files now. Please let me know if it works!

6. lefuet Gems: 3/31

Resourceful Veteran

new version (4.5) uploaded. see first post for description and link
    he is so much fun to play :D

7. lefuet Gems: 3/31

Resourceful Veteran

Btw, if you try it out I'm really curious about your experiences! :)

8. lefuet Gems: 3/31

Resourceful Veteran

i did a few experiments and iirc, all speed effects set the speed to an absolute value. so they dont work well with each other, like boots of speed or haste on a monk.
    i put the monk speed increase as an effect to his fists (after freedom of movement or haste effects). so if there still occurs a problem, reequipping the fist should solve this.
    in my games the monk seemed to work as intended.

9. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Bug report: The monk fists are NOT compatible with exp cap removers. Specifically, at Monk level 31 and onwards the fists revert to their weakest version.

lefuet likes this.
  10. lefuet Gems: 3/31

Resourceful Veteran

thanks for the report.

that is strange.
    I think that means that unmodded monks also don't work with the xp-cap remover. There are 9 versions of the monk fists corresponding to the different ability levels of a monk. My mod just changes these 9 versions by changing or adding some abilities.

I've no idea how to fix this.
    You could try to "re-equip" the empty hand or give your monk the monkfist9 (00MFIST9.ITM) with dalekeeper. :)

I thought it worked with the xp-cap remover, but on second thought: It might have been, that I only levelled monks to 26 and then switched to druid (to complement their education with heal and some other interesting options) or so. :/

I hope I could help and thanks for your report!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.