1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD1 Tweak Pack version 2 released!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Andyr, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] G3 is pleased to announce the release of version 2 of the IWD1 Tweak Pack!

Read about the mod here: http://www.gibberlings3.net/daletweak/

View the complete ReadMe here: http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-G3DaleTweaks.html

Download it here: http://www.gibberlings3.net/downloads/index.php#daletweak

And discuss it in forums here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=34

If you're wondering what's new in this release, let me tell you:
    - Incorporated a full Czech translation. Thanks, Razfallow!
    - Added the Restore IWD Loading Screens component. Thanks, Icelus! :)
    - Added the Staff, Club, and Sling Sellability component, thanks again to Icelus.
    - Added the Wear Multiple Magical Protection Items Together component.
    - Begun the Assorted Fixes component. Thanks to Kaelas for fixing the Talon of the Gloomfrost.

Enjoy! :)

Andyr

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Looks great!

I'm still trying to clobber my way through IwD2 again, but I'm itchin' to get back into IwD1. I'll surely give this a whirl.

The multiple magic items looks like a blessing from heaven. Identify all items and insta-learn scrolls I fix with Dalekeeper (lore and hundreds of genius potions), but this is certainly a welcome variation. It always kind of bent me that a mage can use a dagger and quarterstaff, but not a tree limb; another good call for the mod.

Thank you!

3. Andyr Gems: 14/31

You are welcome.

4. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Errr and in which point does it install the multiple magic item thing? It is not in the weidu install list, and it sure isn't ingame either.
    Also, the 100% spell thingie didn't work, I tried to scribe the protection from petrificatin scroll from the first cave and it failed.
    Icewind Dale (with no addons and stuff), 1.06 patch, xcap remover, 8&9 spell scroll fix.

Item stackings from this tweak work, and shopkeeper sell higher stacks too. But the very thing I wanted was the multiple magic item fix. And it doesn't :X

---------
    edit: Silly me, I had the previous version of the tweaks :X and it seems there was still 1% chance to fail spell scribing. I must be damn unlucky then :C

5. Andyr Gems: 14/31

Heh, I was just about to type 'do you have v2?' then I saw your edit. Glad it's working now. :)

6. Shire Gems: 4/31

Yes, it works, but I'm 100% sure that 100% spell scribing, even WITH the 1% chance failure does NOT work. Or do you say I get 1/100 FIVE times in a row with save&load spell? Out of 8 scrolls I scribed, I failed 7 times...
    So, that brought no relief, still need the same damn amount of save&load spell in spell scribing.

7. Andyr Gems: 14/31

That's a little odd; I'll look into it. It should work fine; if it doesnt then it's an engine bug rather than a mod bug... I'll let you know if I can discover anything out.

8. Shire Gems: 4/31

Same thing happens if I have 95% chance via intelligence, the amount of failures makes me think my chances are pretty much fifty fifty no matter intelligence score.
    So save&load spell is so far the only way to go.
    I'm 95% sure this is game engine bug. I remember being annoyed that drinking those potions of genius had no effect in the need of save&load before..

Oh and the spell scribing failure is not due to low int or my mage being too low level, since I solo, I always run spell slots 2 or 3 levels higher than I have scrolls. Only time this is a real nuisance, is when I buy a stack of spells, like from Orrick the 2nd level spells, when I got like 12 scrolls to scribe. Takes ages with all the save&loading.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.