1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD Mods

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Tartantyco, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Tartantyco Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

-I'm planning on playing through IWD: HoW again and I'm just wondering what mods you'd suggest and what possible conflicts might arise. I'm thinking of using the tweak pack, 3E ruleset mod and a few others, are these compatible with Heart of Winter? Are there more and better mods than those listed on this site?

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

If you use the 3E ruleset mod, you'll level far too fast and have a totally overpowered party with too many HP reaching the cap far too soon.

I recommend downloading the official TotL add-on and Auril's Bane.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You can use other aspects of the 3E rule set, but do NOT install the 3e xp tables component. Never. It is ridiculous, and unbalanced. You will hit lvl 40 with the XP that normally gives you lvl 10 under 2e rules. Other than that, feel free to install other 3e components. I use bonus spells for mages/bards, for instance.

4. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

3E rule set for IWD? Can I have a short description? Ignorant here!

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I personally know very little about this as I've never played with it. It is more of a partial conversion than a whole revamp. Regardless, the mod can be found here:
    http://www.frontiernet.net/~nfbunch/wb/ab_dls.html

The readme is found on that page and will be able to give you more help than I.

6. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Thanks Decados, made a bookmark at the site. This looks like what i was looking for. I need to reload IWD and try it. I stoped playing IWD because of class rules and dual class restrictions. 3E spoiled me.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Then again, it is not a convertion of 2e to 3e. Many things are unchanged. It only introduces SOME rules, 3e ability score bonuses/penalties, mage/bard bonus spells etc. Saving throws, class restrictions, THAC0 and AC remain the same. It is more like a AD&D V2,5.

Oh, and also the mod changes XP table WITHOUT editing the XP values of monsters, which means this is a ridiculous idea. :toofar: 500 000 xp is A LOT in 3e, level wise, but it is nothing that big in 2e. So do not get that component of the mod unless you want to level up every now and then. :nono:

[ October 10, 2006, 22:17: Message edited by: Silverstar ]

8. Old One

Thanks Silverstar, newbees like me need all the info and help we can get!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. Old One

Thanks more Taluntain!

11. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Unfortunatelly it doesnt fix the one thing that anoys me the most, and that si weapon selection. Probablly the one thing i loved the most about 3E changes was that just about every class save druid could use a crossbow... i was *SO* sick of equiping slings on everything that walked in the BG1+2 games...

I even started editing my own bg1 game once to try to set over all the weapons etc, but its alot of tedious work editing every single weapon item in the game to be allowed to be equiped.

12. Old One

Raptor, lol, you just mentioned the thing bugging me most about my current bg game I am playing! I thought I was the only one pissed at not being able to use special arrows and bolts. C'mon, how hard would it be for someone to pick up a crossbow point it in the general direction of a charging horde and fire! Off soon to the BG areas!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.