1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's quiet... too quiet.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Abomination, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

[​IMG] Seems SP activity is down since when I first joined. Although I'm usually one who hangs out in the AoDA and AoLS I remember them to be always updating with new opinions and arguments.

Where has all the action gone?

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Let's see. Ever since you have joined, you say, things have become quieter? Oh, I wonder what could have caused that ;)

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

*cries*
    Tal! Tal! Rotku's being mean to me!
    *points finger*

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Chevalier has given up flogging dead horses. The same old arguments keep coming up again and again so he doesn't bother repeating himself with such enthusiasm (and stamina) any more.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You think the AoDA and the AoLS is slow? Try comming to the FAI chatroom...it seems like it has slowed down considerably. :bad:

The BoM must be in a low cycle right now. Sooner or later something will happen and the forums will be buzzing with energy again, while the chatroom stays as a typical 3 person list. :skeptic: :rolling:

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

We're all waiting for something to talk about (how fast can you say NWN 2?) and then it'll pick up

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think there are two things that explain the down cycle, Abomination. One is that when you and I joined, the Iraq war was in full swing and there just as many supporters as detractors, which made for an interesting plurality of viewpoints and fodder for many many threads. That's changed now in that it can almost universally be agreed that Iraq was a mistake and is a disaster, so there's less to debate now. The second is, I think, the absence of Ragusa (posting threads about how much America is sucky and evil) and Darkwolf (posting threads about why Liberals make it sucky and evil) stirring the pot. ;)

That explains the Alleys, anyway.

Also, it may just seem like there's less traffic now because we now have twice the forums we did 3 years ago. It used to be just Whatnots, now it's Sensorium, Colluseum, Techno-Magic, Monkeyshaving, etc etc. Evertything's more specialized here now. So it may just be that we have just as much activity but it's spread out over a bigger area. Same amount of jelly, we just have more toast to work with now. :D

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

A fair number of people on the site are in college or earlier. That means that with the end of summer vacation, some people have less time to spend here. Combined with other factors already listed (slow news month/year), that can mean some serious slow down.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well, we have to make everyone talk about us then. :lol:

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I can't get on at work any more, that is why I am around less.

11. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Monkeyshaving?!? Now you're talking! I must have missed that on my last pass through. I'm sure to be here more often now. :lol:

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree with HB and DR.

This is what I said in the "What brought you to the BoM"-thread:
    The forums I check out most are SS and Senso, then Whatnots and D&D and I sometimes post in AoDA, but sometimes the discussions there become repetitive and tiresome or I feel it just makes no sense to post because I can't express myself as well in english I do in dutch and become afraid that people interpretate my words in a different way, which is not good for a nice discussion.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hint: If you realize that the activity in a certain segment of the boards is down, you are in the best position to do something about it. Open new threads, start new debates, make an effort... A bit of encouragement and the first step is often all it takes. ;)

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Let's have a party for us stick-arounders and see who crashes. :D

The topics are getting old/stale. How many Steve Irwin threads were there? 4? *That's* the best thing to throw opinions over?

Ya know, I think I'll start a topic in the Alleys about why today is a holiday. ;)

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Tal, is that an invitation for spam? :p

To tell the truth, I really try my best to keep the Tecno-Magic forum alive, but it's hard to keep coming up with new, original, threads. Plus DotW's monster cell pone thread does a good job at keeping a small amount of traffic coming in to the TM forum. :rolling:

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I need new challenges. :( And new masses to show the light to. :(

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But are there any new issues in the world? Or does humanity just repeat the same old mistakes over and over again?

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The RCPB thread is actually pretty slow. Quite a number of the posts in it are me bumping the thread with whatever news I deem might be of interest, or posting a review of a field test every now and then... I share my passion with anyone who is interested. But it's true that it's hard to come up with new threads that don't rehearse old stuff. Still, doing the RCPB thread is something I like, and I certainly hope it will eventually reach #2.

19. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

perhaps lots of students (and parents) (and even great-grandparents like Splunge) are occupied with the start of the school year, and things will pick up a bit soon.

of course, the release of a new, high-quality CRPG would certainly help...

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I can't post much with school and stuff.

/me looks at time

I should already be sleeping, but this damn BoM keeps me up past my bed time... curse you friendly and interesting people!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.