1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there a code that makes a character immune to charm?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, May 5, 2014.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I know there's a post around here somewhere about making a character immune to level drain. Lost it but at least I remember the 216 code.
    Is there a code that makes a character immune to charm? I'm guessing not but I am hopeful :tobattle:

2. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Can I ask why? The game really isn't hard, so if you make your characters immune to two of the better offensive weapons of the other side, that seems, well, kinda lame.

Sorry, and I am sure that there are codes for it.

You could just have the characters you want to protect use one of the items that protect from charm. Off hand, I think there are couple of shields that do it, as well as a couple of helms.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lilarcor does too IIRC...

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There are two helmets of charm protection, there's Lilarcor, there's the shield of harmony, the staff of magi, the equalizer, blackrazor, and I'm sure I've forgotten a fair few others. As asked before, why bother with the immunity when there's so many items that give it too?

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I echo dmc's question. I'm seeing posts about making characters immune to level drain, charm, etc.

Seems like this strips part of the essence of what can make this game memorable. There is very little in this game that you can't recover from. There are helms that provide charm resistance. There are some items and abilities that grant immunity to level drain, and even spells that protect against these. And when those don't come through there are restoration spells and in a real pinch resurrection spells.

I'm wondering if you wouldn't have more fun if you spent less time worrying about codes and more time immersing yourself in the game and it's various twists and turns. As dmc already mentioned, combat isn't all that hard in this game, at least compared to say, IWD 1 and 2. And there is a difficulty slider if you want to reduce overall difficulty a bit.

Just my unsolicited 2 copper.

7. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I've never been able to figure out how to get Lilicor despite having all 4 items. I've tried placing them on the floor in front of the ones that they go to but no luck.
    The shield is easy enough to get. The staff of the magi, blackrazor and the equalizer are either VERY hard to get if not impossible and/or you don't get them until the end of the game. Where do you get the helms? I remember getting one but can't remember where? You say there's 2?

My big problem with charm is at the final battle with Bohdi. I always get 1 or 2 PCs charmed and it usually ends up being someone with a vorpal weapon. That doesn't turn out to well. Lol. I'll have to try giving one of them the helm of charm protection.
    There is also the spell "Chaotic Commands" I overlooked.

Will "Protection from evil" work vs charm?

I'm sorry if I irritated anyone with my request. Minsc and I just can't stand vampires. There's also those women that charm you in the Watcher's Keep.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  8. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Your request doesn't irritate me, just wondered at the reason, as immunity to charm items are quite easy to find.

Just remembered that Adjatha the Drinker also offers immunity to charm. And the Corthala family armor, but that's only useful if you have Valygar in your party (it's his armor).

Protection from Evil won't work.
    Minsc's rage will work.

For any battle where there's a good chance of getting charmed, send in only your people that are protected from charm (chaotic commands works well in case you don't have a lot of items, plus it also gives immunity to the psionic stun that the mind flayers like to use). Alternatively, have a few dispel magic spells ready to cast in order to dispel the charm (works especially well with Keldorn).

As for Lilarcor: (from Dan Simpson's guide, assuming you are in the sewers and have all four items)

9. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Oh yea! I totally forgot about Valygar's armor. That works well because I ALWAYS use my favorite NPC Valygar! Sorry Minsc your 2nd so don't feel to bad. Lol. Actually Minsc your 3rd. Some how I forgot Boo!!!

Just wish I had the item upgrade mod. It says "[in progress] Weimer's Item Upgrade (just needs an updated version of WeiDU)" :(

Well now. I totally overlooked the Cavalier class (which is odd because if I play a Paladin I usually play as a Cavalier with the level drain code) that has immunity to charm!!
    Things are starting to brighten up a bit. lol

1] BTW where do you get the helms of charm resistance? You say theirs TWO? I've only ever found ONE and I don't remember where :(

2] Also is it possible to get the blood for Lilacor without killing the CC?

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  10. henkie

Media:
    Hmm, double checking, there seem to be even more Helmets of Charm Protection (look for charm protection in Dan Simpson's guide).

1. In the so-called guarded compound in the Temple district. It's where you'll also find the Celestial Fury. One of the guys in there is wearing one of these helmets, another is wearing a helmet of defense (+20% resistance against fire, cold, electricity).
    2. In the sewers beneath the temple district there's a group of mercenaries that try to extort 1000gp from you if you walk by them. One of them is wearing another helmet of charm protection.
    3. If you do the quest for Xzar to rescue Montaron from the Harpers in the docks district, you can find another helmet of charm protection on the ground floor of the Harper building.
    4. According to this it's also sold in the temple of Lathander. Never noticed that.

The cavalier is immune to charm, and so is the inquisitor. Barbarian or berserker rage also makes you immune to charm. Monks become immune to charm at level 9.

It's not possible that I know to get the blood for Lilarcor except to kill the oversized maggot. Although you could try to pickpocket it, I never tried it, but that sort of thing seems to work in some other cases.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Eyebreaker7 likes this.
  11. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Wow. Thanks henkie. That's a really nice site :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.