1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there a BG 3?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Jaguar, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Amazon quite often advertise products they know damn well will never be available. It keeps people checking their site regularly.

Looks a bit dubious anyway. Why only Windows 98 and ME? What about XP? And no details about the game either. If they know enough about it to quote a release date, they'd be able to give us a few details about the game itself.

Looks like another hoax.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I did some google searching. A fair number of rumours get leaked now and then by retailer EB games.

I'll admit it raises a glimmer of hope. But iirc, EB games were also the same retailer that sparked more than one rumour of Wizardry 8's imminent release, often years before the fact.
    So for the time being, its still just a rumour.

Given that Wiz8 did eventually get released, EB was sort of correct in a sense. I suppose its enough to encourage me to cross my fingers ...

[ March 22, 2004, 17:03: Message edited by: Beren ]

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hope not. Interplay has a tendancy to make things suck - or fire their staff when they have two half completed games, one of them which was BG3.

5. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I really hope they do bring out a BG 3 but with multiple storylines, that would be cool. like if near the begining they set up the game so that if you piss off a wizard the game revolves around him, or if you join the wizard you are tricked into helping him overcome elminster and rule Faerun with foul magik's.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BG3 was in development as the "Jefferson project", but it got shut down along with Black Isle. Of course, they might pick it up again at some point. Though since practically all of the original development team is gone now, I can only imagine what a mess a game made in part by one team and finished by another would be.

7. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Wow, I almost raised my hopes there... :rolleyes:

Maybe a new topic could be "What will be the next role-playing game?"... :p

Oh well, bad acting from amazon... :mad:

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No way. ToB finished BG-saga "finally" as can be. If they had to make some kind of sequel, they should make ToB a full game instead of expansion.

9. david w Gems: 19/31

I really can't see them going and redoing TOB. The game's been out for 4 years.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Exactly ;)

11. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, Baldurs Gate doesn't necessarily have to deal with the Bhaalspawn saga... there are at least 2 high quality Baldurs Gate games out there available for X-Boxer owners, and they deal more with the areas around and the city of Baldurs Gate itself ;)

12. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeah, a third game is totally possible. New characters in a different story loosely related to the original one, or related to another Bhaalspawn that re-emerges. Could be cool. Only if it were isometric view with the same sort of interface, though. Not a big 3D fan.

13. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

We will never see another Baldur’s Gate game on the PC. The likelihood is that we will also never see an RPG that stands up to it. Sucks doesn’t it.

14. david w Gems: 19/31

Sure does. But we can always hope...

Unfortunately, I imagine long before we see BG3 we'll have TOEE2. Frightening thought.

15. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My vision for BG3 would be an Isometric Morrowind, but with more storyline holding the thing together, and no damn cliff racers around every corner.

Do you think BG3 could be released as an acceptable mod?

16. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

That'd be a nice mod... Hopefuly a add on or maybe even a TC (YAY!) for ToB... ToB, the first day I got it, I beat all of it, and the first 3 lvls of WK... Much to short...

Think about it: It could take place a genration later, you get to choose if your PC was a god or not, you could import your PC and find his(or her) items that (s)he had...

Maybe even, dare I say it: Drizzt getting good weapons!

*drools*

17. david w Gems: 19/31

The possibilities for a BG3 game are endless, although I wouldn't like to play it from the part of a God. There are less roleplaying options for uber-powerful characters and roleplaying is more what this game is about than anything else.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BG3 (i.e. the Jefferson project) had nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn saga, as we've explained here about gazillion times. Still, for some reason people keep coming up with the crazy idea of it being a continuation of the Bhaalspawn saga. I'm afraid even all this wishing won't make that happen.

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Isn't someone trying to convert BG2 to the IWD2 rules (3rd edition DnD)? If so, does anyone have a link to it? How's it going?

After being initially sceptical of 3ed, I now think it is awesome! What news on this mod for BG2?

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You're talking about IceWind Gate which is a project being undertaken by the same guy who did Weimer's mods. As I understand it, this is still progressing but that he has been nusy with his thesis recently. This is a link that should show what it's all about:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/iwg2/

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.