1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Planescape: Torment good?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dark Xan, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i have heard its good and i have seen trailors but i need more opinions so plz tell me your thoughts on the game

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Buy it.

You don't know what you missed.

3. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

alright when i get the money i will if you say its that good

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] The good news is you won't have to get that much money for it, I got it for 15 dollars. And yes, it's quite a story and an experience so most definately plan to get it.

5. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

aight,

from the trailors it looks like it rocks and also i have enough money if its only 15$ so i'll buy it when i get a chance

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  7. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

whats better icewind dale or planescape torment?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    They're two totally different games. If you like a lot of fighting and not much dialogue, go for IWD. If you like a great story, lots of dialogue and not so much fighting, go for Planescape: Torment.

9. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

i think i am going to get planescape torment because its cheaper and my next buy will be NWN

10. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

Well, have fun on your purchase.

Personally, I'm glad you're getting Planescape:Torment. IMO, its got the best story among the D&D Games featured here. :D

11. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

good i love good plots

12. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Good choice, though Icewind Dale also a great game.

13. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

it was a hard desicion but i think i will like it better

14. Silverblade Guest

I just bought PT myself and what I have seen from it, it is great. I am not yet that far in the game, but it is already worth the $10 I spend on it.

15. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

cool i cant wait to order it I will probably do it tonight

i see that it says a single player game is it only single or is there a multi?

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited September 25, 2001).]

16. Silverblade Guest

Only single player, but that is absolute no reason to change your mind about buying it, it is still great.

17. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Buy it, man. It's brilliant. Where were you when it got out? ;)

18. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

i saw ads but no one every really said much about it i didnt know if it was any good

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.