1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it possible to store items like in BG/IWD games?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by SlickRCBD, Jun 20, 2009.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Another dumb newbie question. Can I use the various containers scattered around the game to store some items like weapon components, extra potions, extra expensive ammo, etc and expect them to stay there the way they did in the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series?

One problem I've always had is being a bit of a pack rat and hording the "good stuff" until the really tough fights. I'd like a place to store my hoard.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think the answer is: Sort of.

You can store stuff in containers, but IIRC each chapter is a completely different module and so has no memory of the previous chapters; only what you have in your inventory goes from one chapter to the next.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    And what's in your henchmen's inventory, if you can access it... but the best thing to do is to buy all the boxes and bags of near-holding that you see as you'll amass such a horde by the end that it's silly. To be honest, the smart thing would be to not hoard 90% of things and use them as you go along (or sell) or you'll just end up juggling the same items you'll never use throughout the whole game and finish it with all of them still neatly stacked...

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You have no idea. By the time I finish Baldur's Gate I, I always have a TON of powerful consumable crap and special purpose protective items in the chests by the guarded manor in Bergost. Ditto for the chests in the Inn in Kuldahar in Icewind Dale I. I was QUITE upset the first time I beat the game to learn I was teleported directly back to Easthaven without warning and couldn't grab my stock of magic items before the final battle. Especially the extra magic arrows. It's not so bad in BG2 after you get the potion cases, gem bags, scroll cases, and the ammo belt from outside Watcher's Keep. it's much better after getting the Bag of Holding, especially with the bottomless mod.

How do I access my henchman's inventory in the original campaign? Unfortunetly I've had limited playing time as others are monopolizing my new computer and I can't run Neverwinter Nights on my old, obsolete computer as the graphics card doesn't have enough VRAM.
    I'm still gathering the components to fight the Wailing Death.

For that matter, I've got another question on inventory management. What good are those Fire Beetle's Bellies? I looked at the guide on GameFAQs while trying hard to avoid spoilers, and it looks like I only need two or three in later chapters to make some magic items. They don't sell for much however (1gp). Do I hold onto them for crafting later, or how many should I keep before dumping the rest? Does any place in chapter 1 offer a decent price on them?
    I've got a container with at least two or three dozen of them outside the Hall of Justice.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't recall if the expansions unlock the henchmen's inventories in the OC, but I think not. There's a mod on SP that does, though. Do you have both expansions installed?

And yea, fire beetle bellies are just one of many components you won't need much. I don't remember the specifics, but http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/NWN/index_tips.php has guides on crafting that should answer your question.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.