1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it just me or...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tallon Zek, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Tallon Zek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is Sarevok pretty insane? I mean, with a Ravager +6 (upgraded version, not +4 one, never tried that one) he can hit for upwards of 200 points of damage with Deathbringer Assault AND he can do Vorpal Blows thanks to his weapon...i have never seen anyone but Sarevok do a Deathbringer Assault...Sarevok just seems so overpowered...especially with that Critical Hit ability or Greater Whirlwind :D

2. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

yah he is insanly powerful, all the more reason to get him (read his bio it tells you about deathbringing)

3. Tallon Zek Gems: 1/31

Oh, didnt read that, gonna do it now though :)

4. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I should start reading everyone's bio. I have never taken the time to do that before.

5. Tallon Zek Gems: 1/31

Me either...oh well, time to catch up i guess :D

6. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i don't play evil so i've never tried sarevok is he really *that* good? should i get rid of mincs for him?

7. Tallon Zek Gems: 1/31

Y E S :p

8. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

You should get rid of Minsc (Boooooo, Hissss)
    for anyone he isnt funny just annoying and Sarevok is so much better and (SPOILER) you can get him to change to Chaotic Good later on.

9. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Spoiler request.
    How would you change Sarevok to CG?

10. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Ya how do you do that?

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

he can dish out 200 damage, no matter what sword he use, not just the Ravager

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] sarevok can hold his own against 15 gablerzu - he was the only one still in action vs demogorgon's minion summons (minsc charmed, imoen, keldorn & viconia dead, main character confused) - i was going to give up, but with 30 health left he managed to slay them all - vorpal hits, deathbringer on rolls of 19 or 20

thats when i decided that he was worth keeping =)

13. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

what weapon is the deathbringer, is that the vorpal axe?

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

no, the deathbringer assault isn't a weapon, it's an attack that sarevok can do, that deals out 200 damage. I think this damage is counted as additional damage

it's not counted as a innnate ability you need to switch on, he does it at random times. Perhaps on critical roll

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 11, 2001).]

15. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

Sarevok crazy? hahah you haven't seen my PC character all the way from BG1 yet!! he is now Lvl 7 and is already 95 points!!! (he has a constitution of 19! and soon 20! when he reaches Lum's machine.. i hear that at 20, you can regenerate!! hahaha)

now if Sarevok is crazy? I must be creating the "Universal Soldier" of Faerun!!

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

I'm not even sure if that natural regeneration is in the game, but if it is, dont think it's worth that much, because it is very slooooooooooow to regenerate.

and I tihnk many have fighter classes more powerfull, I have 23 strength without enhancing items myself, and that's without cheating, but for a NPC, he is extremely powerfull.

[EDIT]
    I started with 18, and got the increase from tome, machine and hell test

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 12, 2001).]

17. Talwin Gems: 4/31

OK I assume you started with 19 str.. Lum the mad machine.. +2 from the tears of bhaal I'm not seeing the extra point here..

18. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Don't forget the strenght tome in BG and then importing.

19. Talwin Gems: 4/31

No thats where I got the 19 str, You can either have that from the tome or from being a half orc, but ya can't be both to my knowledge. =)

20. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

yeah..23 does not add up....

BG1 Character start - 18
    Tome under Candlekeep - 19
    Tear of Bhaal - 21
    Lum's machines - 22

exactly how did u get 23? unless you imported your character again for one of the games and got the bonuses again...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.