1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is HoF really worth it?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Morgoroth, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I just completed the game the second time with a six man party and I'm thinking about replaying it. The problem is that I'm not sure if should continue with the old party on the HoF difficulty (which I have never done) or create a new party on normal difficulty? I mean I'd like to try HoF but I don't know if it can give me enough to keep going with the same characters that I've allready used to complete the game. So oh wise people of SP which in your opinion would be the better choice?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It doesn't matter because if you get bored with some your party members, you can just swap some of the out for new level 1 characters. They'll level up so quickly with the drop in average character level that they won't be low level for long and it makes for an added dimension of game play trying to protect them with your senior pros.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

HoF is fun! And I finished it TWICE! :)

To see those very same characters from level 1 to godhood (similar) in HoF is fun! Challenges are a lot of fun! New, upgraded items are fun! Highest level spells are fun! MC characters really shine in HoF, and needles to say it is fun!

You should really give it a try! If for nothing, only to see your oh so powerful heroes killed by mere goblins of HoF! :shake:

4. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It is a preference i guess. i never bothered trying HOF, did so in IWD1 and just found it anoying with 500hp goblins etc.

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

HoF sounds fun, but when I started it, you have to face sh!tloads of ridiculousness, like Raptor pointed out with 500 hp goblins!

But are the high-powered items and such worth it?

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hey, Silverstar, Lower the dosage

7. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

HoF is heaps good its when spell casters and multiclassed characters really become good. And also it requires a lot more skill and strategy in the battles particularly with the use of buff spells before a battle begins. Plus all the new weapons are really cool. Though the story line is just as boring the second time through i think the game itself is much better in HoF or maybe thats just cause my party was designed for it(i have 5 spell casters and only 1 melee all ECL characters and 1 with 60% xp penalty and another with 20% so this party gains alot from the high levels you can only reach in HoF and though the melee guy isnt quite as effective with enough healing and buffing he's quite good)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.