1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Condi Next?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Chandos the Red, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    You have to admire former Prez Truman for at least one thing -- he had a sign on his desk that read: The Buck Stops Here. Great. The American people knew who was running things. And if things went well, who got the praise; if things went poorly, they also knew who got the blame. Fast forward fifty years or so and things are no longer so clear.

In the hoopla over the current Prez's gaff in his State of the Union Address -- the infamous 16 words -- there seems to be a lot of the blame game being played out amongest those in high places. First, was the CIA guy (who may still get to keep his job - maybe), to some guy hardly anyone ever heard of, Hadly (can't remeber his first name; see what I mean?). They even blamed the English intelligence (not their mental capabilities, but the guys who are supposed to know what's going on in the world). Now suddenly Condi Rice is on the hot seat. They must draw straws for this sort of public ridicule in the basement of the White House.

But the point is, Bush made the statements. He put the power of the presidency behind his faulty claims and on the words, which he spoke convincing Americans that they should be willing to sacrifice their sons and daughters for Iraq.

You think he would at least get up himself and say he was sorry that he didn't know what he was talking about. Instead, we got apologies through "adminstration sources." And everyone around him gets to take credit for the screw-up. But really, should we expect courage from Bush? The guy who got out of serving in Nam because of his family connections?

Americans are being attacked, killed or injured almost daily in Iraq. They are showing their worth and their courage. Whether you are for the war or against it, you have to admire the job our military is doing. They are in awful conditions surrounded by people who don't trust them. They are having to do police work: stuff like guard buildings and keep the traffic moving in downtown Baghdad. In the meantime I saw Bush today, giving out awards to kids at TeeBall or some such nonsense.

Bush is missing his chance to be a stand up guy and take the heat for his own remarks, for after all, he made them. When he was asked about the attacks on American soldiers in Iraq he was certainly brave enough to say: "Bring 'em on!" Tough talk from a not so tough guy.

Edit: You have to play the video, about half-way down the article on the link, to get what I'm ranting about, since most of the text is about the 9/11 report.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/944729.asp?0sl=-11

[ July 28, 2003, 02:23: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I wish people with second-hindsight would quit bashing government-people with sticks.

It's not like she willingly sacrificed US people.

Oh well, fun's fun, but I think there is some repairing to do in Iraq.

Oh and if Bush keeps shouting "Bring 'em on" while his soldiers are dying, I like to see him on the front line...

With every death US soldier, Bush is also losing something valuable, he is losing face.

3. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, I don't get why they would risk Rice, because she is still one of the smartest in their goverment. And I'd say one of the most important.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.