1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Bush Jewish?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Faraaz, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

One of my mates told me the other day that Bush going after the evangelist communities in the US election was joke, because Bush himself is Jewish.

Is this true?

I don't mean to come across as anti-Semitic (SP? The anti-Jews thing...) or anti-Christian (sp??), but I would really like to know.

Because if it IS, then its another funny thing about G.W.Bush. :D

2. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I'm pretty sure he's not

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

No, not at all, his entire lineage is blue-blood WASP.

And keep in mind, lest you think that Bush is blindly following the Jewish lobby in his Middle Eastern policies, that 3 out of 4 American Jews voted for Kerry.

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Looking at the family tree, there are no obvious Jewish names in the ancestry.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    And he looks pretty much iconic Anglo-Saxon Texas cowboy.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Not only does he not have any Jewish heritage, he's quite open about the fact that he's a born-again Christian and that his faith is a significant part of his decision-making. Your friend needs to read a few papers every now and then. :rolleyes:

7. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Actually most people in the U.S. refer to him as the Anti-Christ. :hmm:

8. Bion Gems: 21/31

Which is ironic, since both his parents are pretty much iconic Anglo-Saxon Connecticut Blue-blood.

Kerry is technically half-Jewish, though he only found out several years ago. His father's parents converted to Cathocism, emigrated to the US from Vienna, and changed their name from Kohn (IIRC) to Kerry. I think Kerry's grandfather died when he was young, and he grew up thinking his last name was Irish...

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31

He's a total WASP. :pope:

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Aye...that's what I told him. But he was cocksure about this, so I thought I might as well ask.

Meh...I get to say :bs: , with complete conviction.

Only difference is, this time I know I'm right.

Hehe.

11. Bion Gems: 21/31

Dude, the Pope's not a WASP. WASP means White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. Tho the meaning has come to extend to non-protestants as well, as it's often used to connote a certain kind of preppy stiffness and formality: Kerry, a Catholic, was seen as more WASPy by the media than Bush, even though Bush is technically the WASP.

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Bion - well put.

Anyway, Bush technically isn't even a Texan. He was born in New England! New Haven, Connecticut to be precise - see it here

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.