1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is BG: Dark Alliance 2 an ongoing story from Dark Alliance 1?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kiranos, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm thinking of buying BG:DA2 but I don't know if it's an ongoing story from the first game, like Final Fantasy X and XII. If it is then I'll buy Dark Alliance 1 first. But if it aint then I'll go directly to DA2. So is Dark Alliance 2 a standalone title or is it using the story from the first game?

2. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I haven't played BG: DA1, but from the beginning storylines in DA2 I am pretty sure it is, mainly dealing with the tower place. But i bought Call of Duty (a WWII game) at the same time i bought DA2 so I haven't really played it that much, I found it slightly boring, especially compared to BG2 for PC.

3. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Thanks I have call of duty, a great game btw. Yea DA is more of a hack n slash I've heard but I've played all the other over and over :) thought I'de give this one a try. So I'll go with DA2 directly then. Thanks

4. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yes, it is a continuation from BG:DA1. Its a pretty cool game. But, (I can just hear Aikanaro cheering for this) the novelty wears off pretty quick. I still have it in my collection, but I am not playing it much anymore. I'd try to find a used copy if you could.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hire it out from somewhere. I took me 2 days to go right through, after that it got boring.

But yes, in a way it does follow on form the main story line, although I always wondered why you didn't get a chance to resecue the PCs from the first game...

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@ROTKU: You do rescue them in Mordoc's tower.

By the way, did you guys know that John Rhys-Davies did the voice for Kromlech the dwarven fighter in BG:DA 1? :)

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I wouldn´t say that it´s a follow up really.
    It just refers to #1 from time to time.

[Edit]
    Or on the other hand, well maybe it is... Yeah, I guess it is. Buy them both, although #2 is alot better.

8. Sarevok 435 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

DA 2 is a followup of DA 1
    it was very easy to beat taking me a mere 3 days to beat it

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.