1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Artemis Entreri in any of the Mods?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Blades of Vanatar, May 19, 2009.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Is Entreri built into any of the mods for BG2? I was in the Docks, at the inn a little west of MaeVars? Guildhouse and my entire party was wiped out by an invisible assassin and the dialogue box kept showing it was Entreri who was attacking me. Not sure i ever heard of him in the game, except for his body... I was playing on MP mode, but i was controlling all 6 characters...

2. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Entreri appears in Unfinished Business, but he shouldn't be hanging at the Docks ;) . Darkest Day also had some version of him in a side quest.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Feel free to spoil me...

4. Kullervo Gems: 9/31

In UB, Entreri appears in..

Bodhi's Lair in Chapter 6. He's not much of a challenge at that point, though.

5. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Are you sure the assasin wasn't Arkanis, which is somewhat similar to Artemis?

He is the invisible backstabber that prevents you from killing Renal Bloodscalp and co. and thus messing up the thieves guild quest chain.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Tough luck. Arkanis Garth spawns and kills all your party members with one hit from far away (yeah his sword is even ranged) if you cross Shadow Thieves before you are supposed to. (with Bodhi's help.) The only way to survive his attacks is keep casting protection from magic weapons, as long as it is active his sword can't touch you but he is not killable either. But you are not supposed to survive him. It is basically a Game Over method. Even if you survive your game will be helplessly stucked. Reload a former save before you anger Shadow Thieves.

7. Blades of Vanatar

I am absolutely sure it was Artemis Entreri, being a huge Forgotten Realms fan, outside of video gaming, it's a character i will never forget. And i definitely didn't side with Bodhi, as my party was all good characters, except for my Fighter/Druid, who must be TN. Also, i had already destroyed MaeVar's guild. Up to that point, i escaped Irenicus's dungeon, completed the Circus quest, Freed Hendak and destroyed the slavers, then i saved the De'Arnise Keep from the trolls. I went back to Athlatka, had the encounter at the gates with the assassins/adventuring party (probably on the way to Nalia's keep). I was then wondering about the city, looking to do various quests to build up my party. I went to the docks, talked to Bloodscalp, finished his quests and was wandering. Stopped by the inn and all of the sudden, i'm mince meat. He was invisible, attacking, drink invisy potion, repeat. I could not hit him to save my arse. Unfortunately, i did not save for a while(the biggest DOLT! move you can make) I have tried to go back from a previous auto-save and the encounter did not re-trigger. I was wondering if they are any random elements to the game that can spawn this encounter? Or is it something in the Docks area that could trigger this. I have a lot of mods installed, mostly for BGTutu, which shouldn't matter. But i do have mods installed for Yasraena, Moddie, Kivan, Biddleorak(whatever his name is), Wikaede, Silver Star, Gareth, Auren Aseph, Kelsey, Saerilith, and Song & Silence, plus whatever mod adds the kits for Fighters, Paladins and Rangers.

8. Kullervo Gems: 9/31

Artemis is also hidden in the vanilla game, where he can be created with the cheat console. Actually, that aggressive behaviour described above is very similar to what happens if you cheat to make him appear.. Maybe one of those mods summons him?

9. Blades of Vanatar

I have never used the consule, as i believe the games were set for certain parameters and I like to keep it within those guidelines. Though i like to try out modded NPCs and delete the ones i find overpowered. I also like adding different kits for more options in gameplay, but i generally don't like to change the rules otherwise, it gets too easy . But i guess if you can truly cheat him onto the game, he could be easily added to a mod. Hmmm? I will try this again, this time making sure i have an Inquisitor for True Sight abilities. I had to do something to make him appear, so i wonder what it was?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.