1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Irenicus won't play ball

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Toker, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Toker Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Hi all,
    just when i think i've got things sorted this happens:
    i kill the three parasites but i am not transported to Irenicus. Consequently he still has all his protections up and i cant rip him to pieces.
    I have tactics, oversight and ease of use installed. i have played and finished the SoA componant of ToB many times but this is the first time the battle with Irenicus sequence has failed to work.
    Tell me i'm doing something daft and its not a bug that means i've got to start again.
    Cheers all.

[ October 04, 2007, 20:16: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Tried reloading the thing and doing it again? Do you have a patch installed?

3. Toker Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Yeah, i've got the latest patch and i've reloaded from several previous points within Sundelessar.
    Is there any other way to activate the end sequence other than slaying the giant grubs?

4. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Try these commands in the CLUAConsole. If you don't know how to use the Console, first enable "cheats" or "debug mode" in your game configuration file (should be a tutorial around here somewhere...). Then, load your autosave or another save from the Tree of Life area where the parasites are. Then use the console to set the following variables:

SetGlobal("PartyMove","AR2806",0)
    SetGlobal("ParasitesDead","AR2806",3)

See if that starts the sequence as you are familiar with it. If not, open your AR2806.BCS file (with Near Infinity or some such), and make sure it contains the following code:

IF
    Global("ParasitesDead","AR2806",3)
    Global("PartyMove","AR2806",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ClearAllActions()
    Wait(1)
    StartCutSceneMode()
    StartCutScene("cut57a")
    END

If this code is not present, then your .bcs file is corrupted. Just paste this code into the bottom of the file and try again. If the code is already present, then make sure AR2806.ARE uses AR2806.BCS as its script.

5. Toker Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Thanks Bombur for your detailed answer. i have never mucked about with the cheat codes before so i'll have to tread carefully. Now just to find that tutorial...

6. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.