1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Irenicus is way too easy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Doomlord, Nov 11, 2000.

1. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I can't believe this.I fought dragons,liches hundreds of vampires,mind flayers... for reaching him -the big badass Jon Irenicus, the great mage etc.- only to find that he sucks.He is just another mage that can time stop,just that.Nothing special; no immunities no special powers,nothing... I just used Keldorn to defeat him.He only got 20 points of damage(because of fireshields).Only effort I made was to make him drink a potion of magic resistance.He was using Carsomyr and had a cloak of mirroring.I just stood and killed the great mage that would be a god.Even wraith Sarevok was much harder(he is a tank).a "big boss" is missing in BG2(just like might&magic VIII)-a shame for Blackisle-.There was a big bad boss in Icewind Dale though.

2. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, i discovered he is nothing great in the battle in the asylum. he went down fast.

3. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeah...except...

You haven't gotten to the end of the game, I take it? ;)

4. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

No I finished the game,why?Yeah,in the last battle he starts with 2 pit fiends and 2 glabrezus and yes he becomes slayer but they weren't any problem for me.One death spell(slays summoned creatures automatically) did the trick.But however one pit fiend survived only to be killed by Keldorn in 15 seconds. Slayer is a weak creature compared to party members -isn't it supposed to be the Avatar of a god- I mean it should have been more powerful than even dragons...

5. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nah, I think the Slayer should not be more powerful than a dragon, since he is the avatar of a DEAD god. I think that another avatar, perhaps that of Rillifane in Sul...Suldeness...the elf city, would be much more powerful.

6. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    I have to chime in my agreement here. I mean, Jon Irenicus has done the following:

1) Killed multiple Cowled Wizards in 1 spell (despite their defenses).
    2) Stolen your soul.
    3) Taken over Spellhold, a fortress which is routinely able to contain powerfully magical creatures.
    4) Taken over an ancient Elven City,
    5) Taken a powerful Elven priestess hostage
    6) Linked himself to the Tree of Life to make himself even MORE powerful.
    7) Made a deal in Hell to become The Slayer.

...yet despite all this, he is so easily killed at the end of the game, that it's ridiculous.

7. osodeadly Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Have you also noticed that neither he nor any other mage in the game casts any spells to weaken your spell defenses? What's up with that? Add it to the list I guess.
    As far as the last abttle goes I'm having a bit of trouble:

I open the eyeball gate and he steps through, we both shout threats at each other and the battle begins...and he just stands there with his arms crossed! LOL I can get him down to "Near Death" in about six hits, then he just stays there and doesn't move or die or anything...what's up???? Is there a trick I'm missing?

oSo

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.