1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Invisible Characters

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by catchaserguns, Aug 10, 2015.

1. catchaserguns Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I, recently, installed this game and it shows my characters as ghosts. Very see through. My video card is an ATI HD 6670 and I'm running XP 32 bit OS. Can someone help me? I've tried both the anti-aliasing and my characters still are see through. I have the latest drivers and I have tried compatibility mode. Still no success.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Try this solution.

3. catchaserguns Gems: 1/31

That works for 7 and Vista but I'm running xp 32 bit. The game worked fine with the old onboard video card. But i upgraded to a card with a gig of video memory.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I run the game on XP (SP3) without problems using only the on-board graphicscard of the mainboard.

Did you use the 1.1 installer patch to install the game?
    Have you already patched your game to version 1.4?
    Have you tried to disable hardware acceleration for your graphics card to play the game?
    http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_turnoffhardwareacceleration.aspx

5. catchaserguns Gems: 1/31

The show up clearly when I disable hardware acceleration. But my question is wont that hurt my video card?

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    No, just remember to reset it after you don't need the setting anymore.

Also, somehow I missed you were on XP. I'm somewhat amazed you're having trouble on XP, actually. :p

7. catchaserguns Gems: 1/31

It worked on my old card which was an Intel onboard card. I upgraded to a 1G Ati 6670 Hd card so i could play the better games. Now I cant play my older games because of the new card.

8. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    did you change the game's resolution after you got the new GFX card ?

sinbce you're running XP you could try to disable hardware acceleration in the dxdiag configuration screen.

9. catchaserguns Gems: 1/31

No, I didn't. I'm still using the same monitor I used last time. I've tried lowering hardware acceleration through my video card and I get better results. Too bad some video cards aren't backward compatible with some games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.