1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Inventory Management and Item upkeep.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Shadowcran, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Shadowcran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry, I couldn't find a thread with this type of thing.

This will be for what the title says and I'd appreciate any tips you veterans use.

For me, it's "Pick a character" and he becomes "Pack mule". By this, I give him all the bags, scroll cases, etc. I tend to pick the character with the best Lore value, like Haer'Dalis for this. It honestly doesn't matter their strength but that helps once you get an extra str. Gauntlet.

*extra denotes one where you have your other characters who need it more equipped with one so this extra one

The mule will also have the glasses of Identification in their inventory for a smooth streamline on the management. Also, it's useful to do Hexxat's little quest early in EE so you can get her Bag of Holding very early.

I also try to keep the "paper items" away from my bags for better inventory. I instead put them in scroll cases along with the scrolls, but keep THEM separated in different cases. My other characters tend to have only extra ranged items in their inventory, or a blunt weapon just in case.

This makes managing everything easier.

Item upkeep is where, right after you rest, you use items that give 'things'. Like Cloak of the Stars giving you six darts a day. After doing this every time for a while, it gets to be second nature.

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I usually just give my character a bag of holding right from the start using EEkeeper, it makes life so much easier especially when doing solo runs, and i really don't like the inventory micromanaging, i'd rather spend my time actually playing the game - you end up with a duplicate bag of holding once you find the one in spellhold, but i just leave it there. (since they both open in the same container, so picking up the 2nd one is useless)
    With the enhanced edition, cheating in a bag of holding isn't necessary per sé, since you can get one really early if you do the hexxat quest.

The bag of holding is also available in the enhanced edition of BG1 (item code BAG31) you can't actually find it in the game though, so you will have to cheat it in with EEkeeper or through the console.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.