1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Interplay for Sale?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Darien Noella, May 30, 2001.

1. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sounds great! No matter if yuo like Microsoft or not, they have still made some of the best games around. AOE, AOK, Close combat, Mechwarrior 4 and on.

This could be a VERY promising!

3. Mendanbar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Dont forget that when companys change hands things get lost in the transfer, and things get cut by people who dont care about them. I say we all need to put our heads between our knees, breath deaply, and try not to hyperventalate from fear, for there is much to be feared. I mean ummm... pray.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

AOE?

I thought it was from Ensemble studios and Billy just couldn't resist to get more profit.

No inventions in MSoft guys. Just buying someone else's. Goodbye to Interpay's imagination. :(

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Well, I like microsoft alot, so I'm rather pleased at this move. I just hope they dont change to much, and if so, I hope it's for the better

6. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Don't say so careless it is good to be sold.
    Where is the spirit INFOCOM ?
    *sniff*

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't think that Mircosoft will do much for Interplay except suck up their profit. Just take a look at MS track record vs. that of Interplay. Interplay has been on top of the CRPG market since 1995 but after ToB and the new Star Wars games come out I think things will go down hill if MS takes over.

Long live the memory of INFOCOM!

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Maybe in Microsoft Whistler 2002 Baldur's Gate 3 bill be integrated ;)

9. I think this could be both good and bad since Microsoft has the money to back up the big projects and they probably will since the gaming industry has exploded the last yrs. But it could also mean that the smaller projects that may not be very popular with most people won't get that much attention any more...

10. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Anybody remember the Tex Murphy games? Game 5 ended in a cliffhanger and then MS bought ACCESS and annouced no more Tex Murphy. So yes I would be worried.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.