1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Interesting Question.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by StormRider, Apr 10, 2001.

1. StormRider Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Ok, at the very beggining of BG2, in Iranicuses Dungeon I found the Helm of Balduran. When my friend played a character that he played in BG1, beleive it or not he found the claw of Kazgaroth, which was an iten that he had on that character. So the question I am poseing, is dose that iten change depending on what you are wearing when you beat BG1?????

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Usually you should start naked - means unarmed, unequipped. The items from BG-1 are still in your char´s inventory but are deleted in the actual game.

Have you imported him into an already existing game there? Then he would have all his stuff still on the char :confused:

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I remember the old Ultima games where you would have a dagger, a loin clothe, and maybe enough gold to be a Starbucks.

BG2 made life easy by providing such a nifty selection of weapons early on.

The down-side is that you really haven't lived until you've scratched the eyes out of a goblin, just to get his rusty short sword!

Kids these days don't know how good they have it!

4. StormRider Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

No I mean in the dungeon, in the first bedroom you come to, with the dryads on one side and a portal on the other. There is a chest with a helm of balduran. but like i said my friend had the claw of kazgaroth

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I was pretty sure the items you find won't change no matter what your character had at the end of BG/TotSC.
    Can anyone confirm or deny this?

[This message has been edited by Earl Grey (edited April 11, 2001).]

6. Gandorf Mightysword Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When you import your character into BG2 you have a chance to find the items he had in his inventory when he was imported. Your freind probably had the Claw in his inventory while you had the Helm of Balduran.

Gandorf's Smithy

[This message has been edited by Gandorf Mightysword (edited April 11, 2001).]

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

From what I understand, while that was claimed during the games development, it was never implimented. I tried this as well and I never found any of the items my character had on him except the ones included in the game. As far as I know, I've never heard of anyone finding any of their powerfull items after importing their character over to BG2. Are you sure your friend found the claw or maybe he was just messing with you.

8. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The only way you can obtain the claw of kazgaroth is by cheating or import it from bg1. i play through the game 6 time, with 6 diffrent class, completed the game 6 time and never come across the claw of kazgaroth.

9. caleb Banned

If you play with your character from bg1 then some of your items will be scattered through out the dungeon but only certain ones as some others are too powerful to allow a starting character to have.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.