1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Install ToB before finishing SoA

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ulfgar Prigor, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Ulfgar Prigor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am playing Shadow of Amn (ch. 2). I also own the Throne of Bhaal expansion. But I have not installed it yet.

Is there any practical reason to install (or not install) before finishing Shadow of Amn? Any game rule changes, ease of use enhancements, etc. that would impact my play of Shadow of Amn?

Thanks.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, there are advantages to installing ToB.

Read this.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From T2's link:

I never knew about this! Is it worth it? How do you enable it?

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's enabled as default.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Gamplay -> Visual -> Uncheck Pause Game While On Map Screen

In bgconfig program :)

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks, peeps. :)

Barmy, unless I completely misunderstand what this does, or haven't noticed it (and both are entirely possible, given that I can be dense at times), I don't think it's enabled by default.

Anyway, I'll try 8people's instructions when I get home.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    So when you give you guys instruction to move somewhere, then hit 'M' you don't see the little character dots moving to where you sent them? It happens without me having to activate anything.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mine works without making any changes. But watching the dots is quite boring. I was in that screen at the start of one of those stupid vampire encounters -- what a pain.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's quite funny when you're watching half the party go one way, half the other, you see one half stop... then the other half double back...
    Sat there thinking "wtf?"
    Then Imoen complaining it's getting cold and the sounds of combat aren't area sound effects...

10. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Best thing about having TOB installed for SOA is Watchers Keep.

Best thing about the Keep is that you can store your stuff from SOA there and have it accessable for TOB. Luverlyyy! :)

11. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's one hell of a tip Chelsea, thanks for that :)

For me, the best part is being able to hit Tab to highlight items on the ground. I'm a pack rat and as such get very paranoid when I can't find my loot...

Chelsea likes this.
  12. Ulfgar Prigor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Am I correct in assuming that, with ToB installed, the (theoretical) experience point cap for SoA would be raised to 8,000,000?

(I'm curious because my Protagonist is a mage and I would play some of Watcher's Keep during SoA if I could earn enough xp's to allow him to cast Level 9 spells in the final battles with J. I.)

13. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

That's correct!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.