1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Install locks up on disc 2

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by hedron, Feb 14, 2010.

1. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I try to install this game and it locks up when I insert disc 2. I have the three disc set of TOTSC(BG-TOS). The first disc installs fine, then it prompts to swap in the second disc and I put the disc in and press OK. Sometimes the bar on the left goes up a notch or two, but the end result ends in a locked up installer window and an unresponsive computer.

The game installed fine just the other day, so it's not the hardware or my OS, but then I had to reinstall my OS because my hard drive blew up. Anyone have any suggestions on how to rectify this problem?

specs:
    amd phenom 2 955
    gigabyte ga-790xta-ud4
    ati 4890
    win7 64bit

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps your disk is scratched? If you want, you could download the Baldurs Gate ISO files and use those to install the game.

3. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

uh... I am using disc images. I just didn't think that it's OK to talk about that on this forum since most sites don't. I tried to rerip all three discs to rule out corrupt images.

At any rate, it seems to be trying to copy a movie file into a data file.

http://i.imgur.com/VUWRt.jpg

It seems to continue after that, but the counter is stuck at 24%. Ok, I'm on disc 3 now... but it's going slower than an old man taking a poo. I really think this has something to do with SATA drivers, that's just what it feels like to me. Win7 never prompted me to install any AHCI or RAID or SATA drivers when installing the OS, but it usually does... ugh!

---------- Added 3 hours, 38 minutes and 29 seconds later... ----------

Well, I don't know what gives, but it took like two or three hours to install...

Yea, other games are having similar problems installing, so I don't think it's specific to BG. Once they install they are fine and all other program do not have this problem, it's only games.

--------------------------

Well, turns out it was a bad hard drive on my server. The hard drive that had all my ISO's blew up. Looks like I'm going to have to rerip them all. Oh well... at least no important data was lost.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.