1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Innate Improved Alacrity

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by klaussner, Jun 17, 2002.

1. klaussner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, I'm new to this board....

Once I had installed the six custom templates downloadables (lich half-celestial vampire.....) and the lich had the ability to cast spells without pause inately.
    After checking the templates with nearinfinity I saw that the lich character file, Licht.cre, had an effect like that:

signature:
    version:
    increase number of spells cast per round (ref 188)
    unknown value: 00 00 00 00
    value: 9 (spells per round)
    unknown value: 00 01
    duration: instant/permanent after bonuses (ref 8)
    probability 1: 100
    probability 2: 0
    no dispel/resist.

I tried to make the same effect on my main character's character file, part npc CRE 0, but after I added that effect the game wouldn't load my save.

How can I do so my PC can innately have no pause between spells cast?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Change all the values back to their original state first of all...

The reason you can do that is obviously because it is a spell changed from mage to innate, so you'll have to use something like Shadow keeper or wait until you get the scroll for your mage (it is a level nine spell)

3. klaussner Gems: 1/31

you sure?
    I think I misexpressed:
    I don't want to have an ability in the innate slot that gives me improved alacrity, I want the spell cast per round value of my PC raised to 9 by giving him an effect on his CRE file, not by giving another memorized spell in the innate slot, bu I don't know if it is possible the way I want it.

I managed to give those types of effects to some items (for example, the robe of vecna allowing to memorize 12 spells and to cast them without pause,)but not directly to characters.

4. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

If you're still talking NPC here, then make an Item, which sets spell casting speed to 0. And time between casting to 0.
    Then give that item to the NPC, make the BAM(image) non-present. Or make it immovable. Such as Imoen's Girdle (which doesnt let her die in Irenicus' Dungeon).

That's one way, you can try scripting but it will be a lot harder. So try the above. It will do the trick.

5. klaussner Gems: 1/31

thanks Gopher, but there are some things I didn't understand:

How do I place the item? I know how to do to make for example a girdle that would allow time between spells=0 but I'd rather not waste a equipment slot for that.
    Is there a way I make an item that will have effects just when carried in inventory (like the eternal lamp in Valkyrie Profile) or an item that will have effect when put in a quick item slot?

And which effect must I use to have no pause between spells? You said to make an item making delay between spells to 0 but on the lichT example I had the effect was "increase spells cast per round" set to 9.
    How do I do it?

If I made the Bam image non present will I be able to stock two items on the same inventory slot?

I followed your inspiration Gopher and created an item derived from Imoen's belt:
    however, the game crashes everytime I equip it, but I still can have it in my inventory;
    the item is as follows:

signature: itm
    version: V1
    general name: no such index
    used up item: none
    item flags: droppable displayable copyable magical
    category: belts and girdles
    unusable by: anyone
    inventory icon: (the line is blank strangely)
    minimum stats: none of any
    unknown: 00h
    weapon proficiency: unknown
    unknown 00h
    price:0
    max in stack:1
    icon: ibelt05.bam
    lore to identify:0
    ground icon: gbelt 01.bam
    weight: 0
    general description: no such index
    carried icon: cbelt05.bam
    enchantment:0
    ability offset: 72h (what is this?)
    number of abilities: 0
    global effects offset: 72h (what is this?)
    unknown: 00 00h
    number of global effects: 20
    gives immunity to imprisonment, disintegrate, stun poison petrification and time stop,

increases spells cast per round per 5
    and casting speed per 4
    regenerates 1hp a second
    immunity to non-magical weapon
    displays portrait icon of regeneration, protection from normal weapons and protection from elements
    gives 2 points of ac bonus
    and another +3 against blunt piercing and missile weaponry
    and +2 to all saving throws

Can someone tell me if something is wrong?
    please?

[This message has been edited by klaussner (edited June 21, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.