1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Information on Leira?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Kam, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Does anyone have any information/history on Leira? The only thing that I've been able to find on her is the little boxout about "The End of Creation" with the entry for Oghma entry in the Faiths and Pantheons book. Any info would be great, especially about how, when, and by whom she died, as it is for a campaign that I'm running. Thank you.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Leira's dead? What the hell?!

*Goes to look for an explanation*

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From an other board:

I don't know about Ibrandul, but I know a bit about Leira.
    Leira was goddess of illusions and decispion. But right after Time of Troubles, Cyric and Mask prepared trap for her, when she was about to return to her home plane. Cyric murdered Leira with his shortsword - Godsbane (Really an Avatar of Mask) and Mask concealed Cyric's crime. Only quite a long time later it was revealed, that Cyric murdered Leira with Mask's help. After murdering Leira, Cyric took profoilos of Illusions and Decipsions from her, and also added Lies to his profoilo (Lies profoilo wasn't claimed by any deity before Cyric).

Don't know if the whole thing is true, but it sounds reliable...

I'll try to find more

Edit:
    some more info

4. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Master of Nuhn is right. Cyric's entry in "Faiths and Pantheons" states this:

"Upon his ascension, Cyric claimed the portfolios of Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal, largely subsuming their churches into his faith. The Dark Sun (Cyric) then slew Leira, Lady of the Mists, with the aid of Mask in the form of the sword Godsbane."

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The 2ed book "Faiths and Avatars" had an entire entry on Leira -- lots of data. If you'd like, I can look at my copy and tell you stuff Monday -- what do you want to know in particular?

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Basically, what I wanted to know was the story of her death. Guess I didn't read Cyric's entry... Oh well. Any other info no in MON's post would be great, especially more information on her clerics, favorite weapons, alignment (I assume CN), that sort of thing. I really appreciate all of the help. :) BTW, just out of curiosity, does anyone remember if that was a Leiran in BG?

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

:doh: I got Leira mixed up with Lliira :doh:

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Afaik, Leira is CN and most of her worshippers are CN or CE. Her Clerics are called Mistcallers and often dualclass as illusionists.

Warning: Things following below are taken from other sites, who sometimes seem to state different or contradictious things. The sites are, imo, a bit vague or 'untrustworthy'.

"all of the church hierarchy dress in the same manner--long, cowled robes with a smooth, silvered globe worn as a mask." taken from here

"Favoured weapon is a polished longsword" here

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

In BG, there was a Leiran cleric you could meet in the city somewhere -- he sends you out for a gem, IIRC. Those polished masks reflect gaze attacks, which makes them good against Vampires.

2ed rules also said (I'm just going off memory) that Leiran clerics could never use the spell "True Seeing" or an item that duplicated it or they would go insane.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.